back to article iPhone 4 to slum it at Wal-Mart

Mega-retailer Wal-Mart will join the iPhone 4's coming-out party on June 24. Wal-Mart has carried iPhones in the past, but the launch of the "biggest leap since the original iPhone" will be the first time that the Destroyer of Small-Town America™ has participated in the now-traditional get-in-line-with-your-fellow-fanbois …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. gautam
    Happy

Thats OK now

Would be nice to pick one up at $ 99.97 each!

2. regviewer
    Alert

iPhone 4 slumming at Wal-Mart shops! lol

hahaha..halarious! iPhone's most advanced smartphone slumming at Wal-Mart shopping centers. Slumming strategies at your local grocery stores may be their next best shot at keeping the Android army at bay. Android is coming up with 2 GHz smartphones that's 2x the speed of an iPhone 4 with new technology involving "touch-free" screens; no more screen smudges. Now that's what you call innovative and magical! Android smartphones are putting a lot of fear on Apple's future!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I call it vaporware

Someday, the Android will provide cold fusion and transporter beams to the Google Mars Colony where everyone lives in peace and harmony and eats fish and chips with Bass Ale every day!

Horray! for the future!

1. jake Silver badge

"Bass Ale"?

Heathen.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

Slaves

iPhone 4, but at what cost...

http://tinyurl.com/2d8jqh3

4. jake Silver badge

::heh::

The Wife & I drove over the hill to Napa this afternoon. While we were there, we stopped by the WalMart to buy some beer for the field hands (at this time of year, they really need all the encouragement they can get ... If you don't grow grapes, don't ask, you have no concept ...)

The "Apple Store" at the Napa WalMart is about a 2500 square foot section, buried in the South West corner, with maybe 150 square feet of counter space. Under a twenty five foot ceiling.

It looks lost and bewildered.

Granted, the Napa WalMart is trying to turn itself into a "Super Store" ... But I'm not really sure what Apple is trying to do ... All in all, it seems quite sad, in a 1980s marketing kinda way.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Paris Hilton

::heh::

Should have gone to WallyWorld in American Canyon... That store is twice the size, three or four times the customer traffic ... but the "Apple Store" is lost and bewildered in there too...

Me? I wouldn't have an iPhone if Stevie himself put it in my hands... well, I wouldn't keep it. I probably sell it to one of my son's friends

Why Paris... A guy's gotta dream sometimes.

5. Dana W
    WTF?

Interesting.

Yet the old line Apple Resellers don't seem to be getting them. I go to Microcenter for all my glowing fruit electronics needs, but despite them being an Apple reseller from the old pre-Apple Store "dark times" THEY do not get iPhones.

I'm starting to wonder what the criteria they are using, Its starting to look more than a bit arbitrary.

6. Winkypop Silver badge
    Unhappy

Imagine if they were affordable to run

Then they would really take off.

Until they are cheap to run they are strictly 'do not need' material.

7. Andy 97
    Thumb Down

I hope they fixed the basics

I just sold my iPhone because I was sick to death of the utterly crap battery life, the inability to maintain calls in slightly less than 5 bar areas, the insane input method in portrait mode and the constant threat of scratches.

If they have fixed these simple things then maybe I would care if Wal-Mart was selling it...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like