back to article Sony Ericsson S500i mobile phone

With its pulsing lights and back-to-nature themes, Sony Ericsson’s S500i is aimed at the supposed style-savvy consumer. But does this sliderphone have the functionality and appeal to really grab fashion-phone followers? Sony Ericsson has been busy of late peppering its handset range with new Walkman and Cyber-shot models, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

Key problem?

There has been a number of reported issues with the keys on the phone, with many users reporting they get cracked after several weeks of use. Shame really, as i would have bought this phone just for the looks otherwise. Also, nice icons :)

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Question about the lights

It's not clear from the article: Do the lights continue to flash (indefinitely) when there is a missed call or unread text message (and not at other times)?

This would be a useful feature, especially for those people to which the following statements apply: (a) don't carry their phone around all the time (eg when at home); (b) aren't such a slave to the phone that they pick it up and check for missed calls every time they walk past it; (c) don't like missing invitations to go to the pub.

Sadly very few phones have obvious visual indicators of missed calls and texts. By obvious I mean the kind of thing you can see out of the corner of your eye.

3. Matthew
    Alert

@ key problem

Heh.. well all the k series have joystick problems (i still but them though) and that doesnt put people off i dont think people care that sony ericssons don't actually work properly.. they look cool.. what else matters

4. Anonymous Coward
    Gates Horns

Got one

I have had one of these phones for the last two months, and have to say I'm loving it. It's not feature packed but all I need from a mobile is the ability to make calls, send texts, and maybe the occasional picture message.

Have to say that I have noticed the cracks appearing on my number keys but to be honest they are barely even visible. So I wouldn't really feel the need to complain about it.

To answer the previous poster's question the lights do not continuously flash when you miss a call or have a waiting text, but I imagine this would run down the battery pretty damn quick if it was the case.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like