back to article The World's best World Cup Calendar (maybe)

Are you sick of World Cup magazine pull-outs? Do you want one super encompassing index of when and where everything is happening? Check out Marca.com's Interactive 2010 World Cup Calendar. World Cup 2010 Interactive Calendar It isn't only football teams that can get in-formation This nifty flash application provides …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. truCido
    Thumb Up

wow

that's pretty awesome actually!! Bookmarked :D

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Alan Partridge

That looks like Alan Partridge's swingometer thingy for USA '94...

3. Curtis Crowson
    Happy

This is just about perfect, but how do you change the time zone?

What if you want to see the times in your current country and not when the matches are happening in Africa? I didn't see how to do that. I of course could have missed it, then I would suggest it could be made easier to figure out.

If they left this off it would be simple to allow you to choose your time zone reference on the side like the full screen button.

This is such a good way to represent the data that it seems a shame to leave off a little thing like Timezone conversion.

1. Charley 1

Could be that

being a Spanish website and (time in Madrid) = (time in Cape Town), they figured it wouldn't matter.

1. Curtis Crowson
        Happy

Yeah, but timezone would allow more people to use it.

Thus increasing traffic, thus increasing ad revenue. Plus I am sure there are some Spaniards living in other timezones.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Halo

boo!!!

boo!! flash, yuk!! why isn't it in HTML5??

5. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Halo

Oh no.... flash is so evil...

Where is the HTML5 version for the cult leader?

6. Edwin
    Troll

Ooo - oooo - ooooo

How do I get it on my iPhone?

7. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Nice

And it's in that ever-popular add-in - Flash. Good job everyone can see that. Well, there are those who can't, but, they never miss Flash, right? Nothing any good ever created in it. How's the Sun pullout these days fanbois?

8. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

God forbid!

you could miss kick off... God forbid!

Why does everyone, everything and their dog, think that everyone else, everything else and their dog too, are even vaguely interested in football?

Planner's handy for knowing when to hit the shops or good restaurant though. Cheers.

9. Gordon is not a Moron

So

if you a football fan and only use iToys then you're humped

1. joshimitsu
      Megaphone

Gordon...

that's ok, there's already loads of World Cup apps on the iPhoneys

10. Andy Livingstone

What next?

A World Cup 2010 loo brush?

It's only a bunch of kids playing a game.

11. Anonymous John
    Unhappy

Re Are you sick of World Cup magazine pull-outs?

Well, I'm sick of the World Cup. And it hasn't even started yet.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

title...

excellent, all my World cupness in one easy to use location... finally have a use for my new iPad!

oh...

bugger....

13. Jolyon Ralph
    Thumb Up

Alan Partridge USA '94

Here's how it should be done:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gHorOt6KKw

14. Micky O
    FAIL

rubbish

I have one from The Sun that has the UK kick off times. I only care about the England games anyway. Who gives a toss about the games with the other countries in? Such a boring post. Find something more interesting to do.

1. Gareth 18

Re:rubbish

oh delicious, sweet irony.

2. Anonymous Coward
      FAIL

Ah that'll be the 4 line pull out...

...or does it bang on about 1966 for 10 pages!

3. heyrick Silver badge

Why you might want to give a toss...

I care not for football. Cretinous game played by overpaid oiks, in my opinion. However, basic strategy suggests you *should* give a very important toss so you can see the strategies and tactics in place for the teams that the English team may end up playing.

Or was your post an indication that you don't think England will progress beyond the pre-scheduled fixtures?

Bootnote: Not a boring post at all, even though I detest football. Worth every minute of my time to see the iFanboy's reactions. What do they see? A little blue lego brick or somesuch? :-)

15. Patrick R
    Pint

daily update ?

What becomes of this after group phase ? Are you left with a bunch of letters and arrows ?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like