back to article US space dirty-tricks spysat spying sat is go for July

Delayed US military plans to deploy a special spysat-spying sat which will monitor other nations' spysats and watch out for attempts to nobble America's ordinary spysats are to move forward this summer. US military graphic showing catalogued objects in Earth orbit We gotcha this time! Disused telecoms satellite, my ass The …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Europe....

Fortunately Germany and France have something to check the bollocks that the Yanks and the Russkies tell the world:

http://www.fhr.fgan.de/fhr/fhr_c589_de.html

This machine has some wonderful capabilities. See also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7Afm84LG8E

But I am sure Merkin-Sucker LP knows why this device is so much less capable than SuperMerkinaAntenna(TM).

1. Fluffykins Silver badge

For those less linguistically able, it's available in English

http://www.fhr.fgan.de/fhr/fhr_c589_en.html

2. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Uncle Sam .... Late to the Gate and the Party again.

"it might be difficult or impossible for the USA to know who had done it - or even if anything had actually been done."

Lewis, Hi,

What do you think are the Chances of Conficker Chappies being au fait with Space Superiority Programs for Projection of Invisible and Intangible Might which can Disrupt Nations Sublimely ...... to Foreign Order*?

And what of Blighty's CyberCom Service for InterNetional Provisional Command and Control of IntelAIgent Space Waves? Hush, hush or a non starter, with there being no bods and boffins at the Real SMART Control? That of course, leaves the nation as vulnerable as a virgin in a brothel to wanton abuse and would be a scandal, as well as a crying shame.

* And man, is that a Lucrative Invisible Export Earner for the Public Purse or is that a Lucrative Invisible Export Earner for the Private Sector.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Pint

Nice abstract...

The comments abstract deserves a thumbs up and a beer.

4. Pete 8
    Thumb Up

It looks a lot like

a movie projector...

We may be treated to a global alien invasion show.

'Cloud-based' rulers preparing to announce?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Go

FCO

..is also "in the know" regarding TIRA, AFAIK.

6. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Seeing is Believing..... Reading is for Planning and Future Preparation?

The Sublime Alien Satellite Meme .... Rogue Renegade Private Pirate Station Commander gets an outing/airing on this wholly different site too ...and if you are worried about dosh, now would be a good time to cash in your chips and bet on something novel? ........ http://thedailybell.com/1091/Aliens-the-Next-Fear-Based-Meme.html.

7. mhenriday
    Thumb Down

Nice to know that our white knight on a horse -

the US Air Force Space Superiority Wing - is there to protect us all from the dastardly bad guys, who might, for example, use their space and satellite capabilites to start illegal wars of aggression in, say, Southwest, Central, and South Asia. The 95 % of the planet's population who don't happen to reside in the US of A are no doubt delirious with joy after hearing this news - just as we were when we first heard of Echelon, etc....

Henri

8. kate sisco

Actually No, I am not delirious with joy

As difficult as it is to believe from our newspapers which I limit to NYT, I suspect that global corporates including European firms have already developed plans to mine the under sea for minerals.........noticed today internet postings of 'rare minerals in scare supply' which of course would indicate that the ruling powers are claiming the necessity of obtaining these 'minerals.'

Joint US/Canada sea exercise lost 4 of its remotes (7 inches) and sent trained dolphins after them. Naturally satellites would be deployed to replace the aging fleet up there and 'beef up' (how I have come to hate that term) our 'defenses.'

Where are the posts for the disappearance of Saturn's cloud layers and the new visitor McNaught?

This topic is closed for new posts.