back to article Murdoch taps Telegraph for new tech boss

Rupert Murdoch's News International is getting a new technology boss - pinched from rival paper, and website, the Telegraph. Paul Cheesbrough will replace News Int's current CIO Andrew Hickey who is apparently looking for consultancy work. Despite the glowing quotes from NI's chief executive Rebekah Brooks, some blamed Hickey …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy...

Hosanna!!

Have waited two and a half years for this sweet sweet moment.

Call it pay-back for fucking us all over, seducing the Executive with your ITIL management bullshit that promises everything and delivers nothing, and ruining a once happy productive IT department and turning it into a turd rolled in glitter.

2. This post has been deleted by its author

3. James Pickett

Trouble ahead

"His best known action at the Torygraph was ditching Microsoft Office in favour of Google apps."

That could be interesting, given Old Rupe's feelings (is that the word?) about MS and Google...

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/11/23/murdoch_microsoft_google/

4. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

LOL

I registered for the free trial to distort their statistics.

Having gone to the trouble I looked at The Times test site and thought I was looking at The Guardian before their latest makeover (I couldn't be bothered to check - I was just wasting some time).

The journalism appeared to be in test mode too (IANAJ).

5. slimon_w
    IT Angle

Good riddance...

Mr Hickey. You and your cohort of vacuous yes-men have reduced what's left of my team to the level of scarcely competent drones - one thinks that source control is putting ketchup on his chips in the Thomas Moore! I'm so unmotivated that all I do is look at archery websites and surf for p0rn all day. At least Clive Milner had the sense to show you the door out before the paywall goes tits-up and HCL screw up the infrastructure for good!!

SW

6. Anonymous Coward
    Pint

leaving do...

http://bit.ly/d0KsE9

Andy's leaving do will be in the Leman Street phone box.

This topic is closed for new posts.