back to article Google sniffs along app store shelves

Google has expanded its mobile search to encompass online application stores including iTunes and the Android Marketplace, slipping itself between iTunes and the customer. Right now it's only those two app stores, and only if Google.com is accessed using an iPhone or Android handset from within the USA. But the trend is easy …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. g e

Is it just me or...

... do Google seem to enjoy doing little things to provoke the inevitable disproportionate (and often comical) foam-lipped response from Jobsy-boy?

There's an entire sitcom in there somewhere.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Happy

@g e

I think there's a lot more mouth foam in the forums here on El Reg than anything you might imagine seeing coming out of Jobsy-boy.

2. YeomanDroid

Google is Great, Google is Good, now let us thank you for our just Google it!

Anything Google does is in the best interest of the consumer. Trust me.

1. Anonymous Coward
      WTF?

Great post

Clearly a well researched and thought through post there, with no hint of bias at all.

Also, on what basis is this good for the consumer? Developers will have begin to pay Adwords to Google to increase search rankings, thus stifling innovation with larger barriers to entry for a market that typically should have very small financial barriers to entry. Less innovation in the market results in less apps being innovative and delivering new functionality to consumers. If any innovation is delivered, it's at a higher price. Therefore consumers actually lose out either by paying more for apps or by the apps not even being made in the first place.

1. skell

I think....

...that was something called sarcasm?

At least I hope it was...

3. opaque

Oh dear

It is incredibly sad when people don't know how to find a major site like Facebook without having to Google or Bing it.

But I know it is true, my parents do that all the time.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like