back to article Novell swings into MeeGo throng

Novell has joined Nokia and Intel in backing the new MeeGo platform, which is unsurprising given its absorption of the Novell-backed Moblin platform. Novell will put MeeGo on top of SUSE Linux, and push it out to notebook and netbook manufacturers as an alternative to desktop operating systems, just as it did with Moblin. So …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Adair Silver badge
    Pint

I cannot believe...

...that I'm the only one who was distraught to find this headline did not in fact say:

'Novell swings into MeeGo thong'

Gutted.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Pint

well...

tbh, you aren't.

cheers

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Netbooks

Everyone I know with a netbook, bought a Linux model to save on costs, and on receipt immediately put Windows XP or Windows 7 on it. I dare say that most shipped Linux netbooks actually end up operating under Windows if the number of WIndows installs on netbooks I've had to undertake for friends is anything to go by.

1. Robert E A Harvey
      Thumb Down

and

How exactly would that save money?

Buy the nutbuk cheep and pirate an MS os onto it, mayhap?

Have you been aiding and abetting?

2. Rex Alfie Lee
      Linux

Not I said the fly...

I removed XP from mine bcoz when they cam to Oz we had no choice of a Linux version. Once Ubuntu became stable, I dual-booted XP but after a 6 months period I completely removed XP & haven't had Windows running on any computer since. I have 5 under my management & they all run Ubuntu, either KDE or Gnome.

3. SpoodyGoon
    Joke

And QUE..... the Mono/Gtk# conspiricy theroryists

And QUE..... the Mono/Gtk# conspiracy theorists.

[flame]

I heard on the internet the Mono = Microsoft so they must be evil, it's on the internet look it up.

[/flame]

I will now await my coming abuse.

1. Anonymous Coward
      FAIL

Sigh

Don't mind him, he's clearly not as funny or literate as he thinks he is, and not from Barcelona.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like