back to article Alt rock diva's nude snap 'leaked' to tweetosphere

The Tweetosphere is abuzz with speculation about the release of a picture that bares the breasts of alternative rock diva Hayley Williams. The official explanation is that the singer and keyboard player was "hacked" and the boobalicious pic was posted to twitpic.com by the intruder. A more cynical person might be tempted to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. jules 4
    Thumb Up

Not a bad pair !

Gratuitous but what the hell !

2. Daniel Evans

Oo-er!

I know a few people who'd enjoy this link...

3. Hyphen
    Paris Hilton

Fuck yeah

Much better than the usual celebs we get on here ;-)

4. Wallyb132
    Paris Hilton

Can you say Paris Hilton?

This is clearly a grab at a bit of Paris style publicity....

Paris for obvious reasons...

5. Sir Runcible Spoon

Sir

Those breasts don't look sufficiently developed, so she must be under 18.

Call the peado-finder general !

<- no joke icon - coz it could happen and then you wouldn't be larfin.

1. Captain TickTock
      Joke

Oz govt sues El Reg under Oz Law

Chuck another pr0n on the barbie, doll.

2. John Smith 19 Gold badge
      Happy

@Sir Runcible Spoon

"Those breasts don't look sufficiently developed, so she must be under 18."

A suspiciously well informed remark. I hope you have daughters.

1. Sir Runcible Spoon
        Happy

Sir

I live in Essex.

3. Marcus Aurelius
      Go

Hayley Williams is 21

So you can fap away to your hearts content.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Oh!

Apparently, staring at breasts increases a man's life expectancy, so I am not going to be wasting much more time on typing this comment. Much more important thngs to do...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

*ahem*

Apparently masturbating also helps, as Ernest Borgnine can testify...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEhKZNQlJrY

2. Havin_it
      Coat

Thngs?

Blimey, it must be true about self-abuse making you go blind - you've lost one "i" already!

/sorry

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Hang on a minute,

Let me get my glasses.

Ah, yes... there you are!

7. Mike Flugennock
    Badgers

Purposely leaked? I wouldn't be surprised

Given the amount of "viral" video on YouTube that's turned out to have been skeezy mass-marketing ploys, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if this hadn't been leaked on purpose.

Kinda reminds me of all the celebrity sex tape revelations lately. Has anyone else here noticed that damn' near every "major" celebrity or other famous-type person has had some kind of trashy, grainy, homemade sex tape leaked these days? The first few times it was surprising, but now it seems to be de rigueur for any serious famous person to have a sex tape, or they just haven't "arrived". For instance, the new Miss USA -- as I recall, it wasn't 24 hours after she was "crowned" that somebody leaked a tape of her in some pole-dancing contest somewhere. And remember Carrie Prejean? And John Edwards?

I'm at a point now where I think perhaps the whole sex-tape and nude-photo leakage is being done on purpose, for the publicity. It's getting to be like MSIE security holes, or Facebook privacy violations.

1. call me scruffy
      FAIL

Now look here,

You see that, right there? That is how to over analyse.

A full and complete analysis follows:

"Wow! Booooooobs!"

2. Anonymous Coward
      Happy

I don't see any leakage

Where's the point?

Oh, right there. Never mind.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Nice!

Whether or not it's a buzz gen. snap, I'll take it. Looks like a self shot from a phone with ~7 mp.

9. Johan Bastiaansen

Pizza eh

hmmmmmm

10. Ian 31
    Thumb Up

Boobies!!

Always liked lady bumps.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Not using the fake nipples!

I've never heard of her, but I'll have to check out her music, and see if it's as nice as her other assets. I guess her boobtacular marketing works.

We'll have to get Avril Lavigne and Shania Twain to sign up with that ad agency.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Coat

Yes

I'd love to see Shania's Twins,

and Avril's Vagigne

12. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
    Paris Hilton

No, really. This _is_ 2010...

Young women baring all in front of webcams and flashing various anatomical parts (and&or using them) is now considered one of humanity's well-established customs, in the same category as mowing the grass on Saturday and walking the dog in the evening.

Nothing new really.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Released on purpose?

Although it undoubtedly was released on purpose, the arguments say that the meta data show the snap was taken 8mins before being posted. If i was hacking her account i would make sure an modify the meta data to show that too...

14. Midnight

Pics or it didn't...

Oh, wait. Nevermind.

How about a Playmobil reconstruction then?

15. swarren

Sex sells

But I'm not buying

16. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Title

She's 21 so it's safe to look...

As a fan of her and her band I thought she would have been above doing this for publicity - she seemed "better" than that. The whole "sex-tape" or "nude pictures" thing is just so tacky - it just seems to be "my talent isn't enough so simply think of me as a sex object" (of course, Paris has *no* talent... so had to use the tape for her "fame").

I guess it's just the progression of "fame" having nothing to do with talent, just how far you're prepared to go to debase yourself. Pathetic really, but very indicative of modern society.

1. Trevor Pott o_O Gold badge

@AC

Unless you are in Australia. There's a size restriction there...

2. Anonymous Coward
      Happy

yeah, sad really. i feel for her

I just wish i was a little closer.

17. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Oh noes, H4xx0rs!!!!11

utter bullshit, as per usual

18. chort
    FAIL

Poor taste...

in lipstick. That color doesn't go with her hair or top at all.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Happy

Errr.

What top? (Or Hair for that matter, and now that you mention it, I'm not all that sure I remember lipstick...)

2. LaeMing
      Go

Nothing a quick dash of photo-touch-up can't fix.

Gotta go now, a nice Aussie police officer is banging on the door.

"Stay back officers! I have two b-cups and I'm not afraid to use them!"

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Top?

Top? *What* top?

Are you sure you're looking at the same pic that we are?

4. Anonymous Coward
      Happy

she had lipstick?

You are one sick puppy.

19. Russ Tarbox
    Joke

Nice tits.

Now where do you want the blinds?

20. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Different from the millions of non-alt rock girls doing the same?

What's so special about this pic? There are millions of girls around the world posting nude pics of themselves online, showing more than just their boobs. Isn't this normal for an alt rock chick?

21. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

the kind of bees that make milk?

Thumbs up!

22. sT0rNG b4R3 duRiD
    Thumb Up

zomg...

Topless pix on El Reg.

Is this the first time?

I approve.

Just don't go too far the down the intellectualy challenged Ralph, FHM etc path

23. Gil Grissum
    Thumb Up

Hmmmmmm

Outstanding. I think I saw her band on Leno or Letterman. I have to admit this pic sent me searching for more info on her, so if it is a publicity stunt, it definitely worked. She is cute and rackalicious, so yea.... nice pic.

24. Parma Vic
    Pint

Fried Eggs...

...Sunny side up.

Beer, because I give her a toast for trying, but that won't get me listening to her band.

25. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

ironically

Paris is completely out of mainstream media now. The only reason I even remember her is the obsession here on El Reg.

Paris, because I know you like to look!

26. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Sorry luv, it's been done

Yawn. Can't these Ω-list celebs come up with anything new? Seen without her boobs, she's nothing to write home about anyway. Take a tip from Lily Allen, she's far prettier and shows off her body on a regular basis in things like GQ or Arena and indeed quite a lot of it on stage; that's what the *clever* girls do. Being hacked is so 20th Century.

1. Daniel Evans

Logic Failure

Lily Allen? Clever?

I always thought she was a bit of a dim bint who likes to show off, and makes terrible music.

2. TeeCee Gold badge
      Grenade

"... Lily Allen, she's far prettier...."

You should have gone to Specsavers......

27. alviator
    Thumb Down

Meh......

Just checked out the band and a few tracks....it's about as interesting as her tweets. Maybe some "leaked" videos might help.......

28. Blubster
    Coat

Tweets?

Should change it's name to Teats.

29. Paul 75

May I be the first to say...

...album art!

30. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

All i can say is..

Crap Paps.

31. Phil 54
    Paris Hilton

It's true....

I like boobs

Paris....well, it's obvious

32. Roger Campbell
    Boffin

What's the big deal?

It's skin. It's normal. It's evolutionary, not revolutionary.

Some people get all excited over the littlest things.

Specks to see better.

33. Bill Cumming
    Thumb Up

well, well, well.

So it looks like even the young can't use technology properly.

I, for one, approve this type of failure... ^_^

34. Spanners Silver badge
    Pint

Wouldn't help in a car crash though.

But at that size, they are probably genuine.

35. Eddy Ito

Oops

I think she meant to say, "Damn, I was sexting this to my other BBF!"

36. orangetwist

Regarding, yummies

Can not figure out why anyone with any fame at all would allow themselves to be filmed like Paris and Pamela did. I don't care how secure you think those tapes are, they always seem to hit the market and internet. If you film it, expect it to hit the net. This girl just got my attention :o)

37. Lord Lien

Showing my age now...

.... but who is she?

38. Jeffrey Nonken
    Joke

Pics or it didn't happen!

... Oh wait, never mind.

:)

Nice little titties. Thanks.

39. orangetwist
    Thumb Up

Very Nice ( @Y@ )

LOL!! Brings me back to HS days... Very nice. I prefer them about 4 cup sizes larger, but they would be nice play with for a while :o)

Looks like she was just having a experimental daring moment. Sure it made her feel sexy, I I am enjoying it just like by her look, that was what she wanted.

At least it isn't slutty. Very complimentry... Very sweet....

40. Steve Roper
    Joke

Erm...

El Reg, you need another level of warning for your articles. Namely, NSFA - Not Safe For Australians. As a resident of said southerly puritanical dictatorship, I could now be arrested for visiting this article page considering what she looks like!

Off to BCWipe my browser cache now...

41. jason 7
    FAIL

The sad point about all this is......

.....that the first couple of decades of the 21st century will be forever known as being recorded by crappy camera phones.

The images archived will be worse than those taken 150 years previous.

Dumb.

42. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Hmm.

I'm guessing she was trying to upload to a private album and accidentally posted it. We've all sent a text to the wrong person, right? This is no different, well apart from the millions of people who see it, bless her. Anyone who thinks this might be a publicity stunt is insane. Apparently anything that makes the news now about a celeb was done deliberately to promote their next project these days.

1. blackworx
      Paris Hilton

EXIF

Apparently not - the shot seems to have been taken 8 minutes prior to being "leaked".

Paris, well, obviously.

43. Nick Pettefar

Pleasant

Nice looking girl. Isn't nature wonderful.

44. fred #257
    IT Angle

and the IT angle is...?

Oh. Twitter. Right. Of course.

So what else is a computer good for anyway?

45. The Reg-ular

Please post the original image

The article has a link to the story about the metadata in the image, but neither you vultures nor that other rag posted the original picture. Of course, the picture has been removed from its original location on TwitPic, and the uncensored image on El Reg has been processed with Photoshop according to the metadata in that image. In the interest of journalistic integrity, please post the original image that is the subject of this article so that others can independently verify claims about the metadata.

46. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I have also been hacked

That MP4 of me, the sloth, and the punk with the iPad in the laundrette posted to that sexual networking site? Russian cyber crime gangs.

47. Anonymous Coward
    Pint

Cute girl

Sad to say I've never heard of her though...

48. FARfetched
    Happy

Just goes to show:

Any publicity is good publicity.

Topiess pics are FANTASTIC publicity!

49. Annihilator
    Happy

Question please

Our beloved moderatrix has been somewhat quiet - has she imploded after modding these comments?

50. TkH11

tweeting

I've never taken any kind of interest in tweeting, with 20 years professional IT experience under my belt you'd have thought I'd know something about this technology. I don't.

I have no interest in reading completely useless messages posted by celebrities or some other Tom, Dick, Harry, Peaches, Paris or whatever useless name weird parents can choose for their pretentious kids.

To show that lack of ignorance of the technology (if you can really call it technology?), I understood tweeting was about short messaging, getting information out in difficult circumstances where people have limited bandwidth on their internet connections, so what the heck is this idea of tweeting photographs all about? Doesn't it go complete against the idea of small message sizes (measured in bytes)?

But I really can't be bothered to even go look it up. Haven't people really got better things to do with their lives than read up on the drab and dreary offings of some wannabe celebrity that's got as much talent as my dead mouse?

Well, actually, I haven't got a mouse, neither a live one, or a dead one. Said for dramatic effect.

Someone, someone in the know, please tell me, this tweeting lark, am I missing something?

1. Veldan
      Thumb Up

Agreed

Twitter always truck me as a waste of time as well...

While agree about the talentless comments in general, in this case it doesn't apply.

I actually enjoy this chicks music which makes the boobs all the sweeter as now i don't have to feel repulsed by her music at the same time as attracted to her :P

51. james 68
    Thumb Up

hmm

the reg needs a section dedicated to these mishaps methinks

52. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

it takes all kinds

Large, small, and in-between. All colors, too.

Now, If I could only remember WHY I look at them...

53. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Horns

Titties and twitting err twatting.. ummm tweeting.

Nice chick. Nice tits.

And Twatter is for idiots anyway....

"Oh gosh, neighbour posted tits on Twitter, made day, orgasm"

Tits on the internet? It's a bit like doing a google search for the word "fuck"......

Only 2 X as many results.

This topic is closed for new posts.