back to article Cops cuff coke-smuggling lingerie model

Argentinian cops have cuffed the Colombian former lingerie model accused of running a "Charlie Angels" drug-smuggling racket. Angie Valencia As we previously reported, Angie Sanclemente Valencia, 30, was crowned her native land's Queen of Coffee in 2000, but allegedly following a relationship with a Mexican drug lord dubbed " …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Why is it...

... I never meet women like this :(

2. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Quality

...classic Reg article...and pictures too!

Should I lower the tone, and ask - perhaps rhetorically - *where* she (allegedly) smuggled the happy powder?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Where?

55 kilos?

!!!!!!!!

1. lglethal Silver badge
        Joke

More importantly...

Much more importantly, which airline lets you fly with 55kg of luggage!

3. Brett Weaver

The Dorian Gray Defense

I am so good looking.. I cannot be guilty of anything...

Well, hell.. I agree. Let her go, you monsters!

4. George Nacht
    Big Brother

"Plot against her" aside...

on what kind of airport can you expect to succesfully pass through security with 55kg of cocaine? Or....heck....with 55kg of anything, these days?

Just asking, because on last summer´s holidays I bought myself a pair of flippers and had to abandon them at the airport before return flight, because they elevated the weight of my suitcase from acceptable 19.7kg to airplane-busting 20.1kg...

OK, forget the weight limit, but my point still stands. Cocaine in pockets of illegal immigrant´s clothes, in the corpses, on paragliders, on speedboats, even submarines, I get it. But.. suitcases on passenger flights?

1. mego

Offtopic..

But why didn't you just add them to your carry-on?...

2. Anonymous Coward
      WTF?

@George Nacht

Surely you didn't have to get rid of the flippers... couldn't you have just put them on?

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Weight limit

I agree, 55kg of anything is practically impossible to get through an airport. I once was flying with a colleague on AA (never again), there was a delay because of computer problems, the queue was huge at the check-in desk.

When they weighed my bag I was 0.5kg over the weight limit. They said I had to leave something behind but I asked if I could put it in my colleague's bag (on the next check-in desk) as he was about 2kg under. The woman said yes. Duh! Never mind the fact that the combined weight of the two bags was the same and an extra 0.5kg over weight wasn't going to break the back of a luggage handler.

I transferred the stuff and then the next question my colleague was asked was "Have you been asked to carry anything in your baggage for someone else?"...

1. Anonymous Coward
        Thumb Down

check-in idiocy

this'll be a "computer says no" moment. the check-in droid will of couse be clueless and lacking any common sense. but she/he/it will almost certainly been blocked from printing a luggage tag if the bag was over the weight limit.

there's another of these at lhr t5. the computer won'l allow the security nazis to let you past the check point if you get there less than 45 minutes(?) before the gate closes for your flight.

1. Anonymous Coward
          FAIL

Wont someone please think of the chuckers?!

Of course its just some stupid regulations, eh? I mean if there are 4 of you, you should be able to produce one 80kg bag, right? Lets not think of the people who actually have to lug your heavy suitcase around...

4. ColonelClaw

What could possibly go wrong?

There's a pretty good chance that the suitcase weighed more than she did.

5. TeeCee Gold badge

Weight limit.

Presumably if you're looking to flog 55 kilos of nose candy you can afford to splash out on a First Class ticket.

You can glue a handle to a piano and check that in then.

5. Chris Hatfield

South America & "the war on drugs"

How's the war on drugs going in South America? Hmm.. let's see: this morning from the Guardian - Brazilian police chief shot dead while giving radio interview on drug violence - http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/may/26/brazil-police-chief-shot-interview

I've heard that diplomats smuggle frequently (as they are immune from prosecution). When there's huge amounts of money to be made, there will always be people lining up to smuggle. Be they sexy-ass models or hideous ogres. Although the former are more fun to strip search, probably.

6. Sekundra
    IT Angle

Mobile Phone

Sorry El Reg but you need to amend this article to mention what mobile she may conceivably have owned, thus providing a deeply tenuous IT link. Otherwise, "Nice!".

7. Steven 1
    WTF?

@George Nacht

Thought the same thing, 55kg of blow in one case!? Surely that can't be right, I think even I'd spot something was amiss on the X-Ray machine!

Rather a tad optimistic walking through customs with that, no? Given the general baggage allowance on long haul is what 25-30kg?

8. Tadhg Mulkern

Models for drug mules.... not the best idea..

Come on, models as drug mules. They are blessed in looks, but not always in IQ. No wonder one of them was caught trying to smuggle cocaine in their suitcase...duh

1. Anonymous Coward
      Paris Hilton

Indeed

Only wonder is that half of them didn't try to sell some to the airport security.

9. irish donkey
    Happy

lingerie model accused of running Charlie!

Has FaceBlock been watching my fantasies?

Is there no privacy?

10. Turtle

A Strategic Misstep.

She needs to claim that she's autistic. Then MacKinnon's mama can crusade for her exoneration on grounds of mental defectiveness too! And any number of half-wit Brits can fall for it!

A good time is guaranteed to all!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Troll

The title is required, and must contain letters and/or digits.

Wow, arent you the genius.

Lets look at similarities:

Nationality

Nature of crime

Requirements of justice

Equality of treatment (fairness)

Principle of "mens rea"

Nope. Nothing there.

Monumental analogy fail.

Nice try though and double points for getting a snide dig in. Feel free to try again later.

11. nobby

long-haul flights baggage allowance

when flying to NZ i always used to go via Los Angeles rather than Singapore because the limit on the US journey was"one suitcase" rather than "xKg of luggage"

so - some long hauls the weight doesn't matter.

12. Professor Tinklepants
    Joke

Are we sure this is real.....

.......and not just a leaked script for Bad Boys III?

1. PT
      Joke

And no doubt ...

... Based on a novel by Bret Easton Ellis?

13. Jimbo 6
    Joke

Frankie Boyle said it best...

"I like my Whisky to be like my women : 16 years old, and mixed up with Coke"

14. Graham Marsden
    Coat

In the words of Monty Python...

.. I sentence you to be taken from this place...

... and back to my place!

15. The_Police!
    Coat

Oh yeah!

I for one welcome her as my overlord!

16. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Coat

55Kg, a 20 (?) flight

Reckon Sophie Anderton could make that disappear.

My coat's the one with a News of the Screws sting operation story in the pocket.

1. James O'Brien
      Joke

@John Smith 19

Reckon Lindsey Lohan could make that disappear.

There fixed that for you.

17. Blubster
    Coat

What...

No comments about the drug being hidden up her snatch to get crack cocaine? I'm truly surprised.

This topic is closed for new posts.