back to article Student Loan Co writes off boss and chairman

Ralph Seymour-Jackson, the chief executive of the Student Loan Company and its chairman John Goodfellow have fallen on their swords following last year's failures. An interim chairman has been appointed while the board searches for an interim chief executive. Problems with the document-scanning system led to long delays for …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Who?

Who provides the scanning system for this outfit? It seems to be a major point of failure at SLC, yet they have got off with no publicity.

2. Squirrel
    Pint

rent and beer money

there, fixed it for you :)

3. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

Hm

Wish they'd write off my loan.

4. Richard IV
    Pirate

One has to wonder

Whether said swords were golden. Sackings were surely in order.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

In this case I think Sharia law would be a good thing

... throw them to the students, to do with them as they choose.

6. Andus McCoatover

Unbelievable!

"The backlog meant three quarters of English universities had to make emergency payments to students short of rent and food money"

er, is this Britain, or some banana republic??? These are our future lawyers, doctors, and mercifully (on the principle of what goes around, comes around...) our future politicians. Bet they don't forget...

7. Ascylto
    Headmaster

££££££££sss

And what rewards for failure will Seymour-Jackson and Goodfellow get?

8. dreamingspire
    FAIL

The production line without proper supervision problem

As well as the problems revealed by PwC and others, students talking to me about their problems with the loan company have indicated that they cannot talk to anyone who can take ownership of their problem and resolve it. It seems that the same production line method that so frustrated farmers when battling with the DEFRA Single Farm Payment scheme have been built into the student loan system. (And farmers are not out of the wood yet: was talking to one such this week - she has connections in very high places, but it seems that these outsourced organisations are untouchable until too late.)

This topic is closed for new posts.