back to article Google denies carriers fled Nexus One webstore

Google Android project lead Andy Rubin has said that wireless carriers departed the company's online Nexus One store only after it had decided to change how the phone was sold. "I don't think our partners were backing away from selling the Nexus One," Rubin told reporters today at Google's annual developer conference in San …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. frymaster

This can be a problem with google

...they tend to assume that, because they're google, that means they can automatically do something better than people who've been doing it a while, just coz they're awesome.

Hence things like their browser being absolutely pants in terms of accessibility, because they've never really done desktop apps before and don't have the experience, even if the core functionality may be very good. Hence them totally not understanding how people buy phones. (though I'm inclined to believe the mobile phone market in the US is bonkers anyway)

on the flipside, sometimes they come out with things (like, for example, android :P ) that are pretty damn sweet.

2. Stefing
    Grenade

The phone wasn't the problem

I don't even think that the store was.

When the phone started to be sold DIRECTLY in the UK all the press coverage covered it as if it had never been available.

When people saw my Nexus One they asked my how I got hold of it - I clicked a button and waited 3 days.

It seems people still can't quite get their heads around this whole global internet shopping idea.

Their loss.

3. Ramazan
    Grenade

come out with things (like, for example, android

they didn't come out with it, they just bought it

4. Ramazan
    Thumb Down

provisioning? billing systems?

So, what the fuck with billing systems? How many different ones are out there, what'd you think? Maybe 2? or even 3? Same for mediation/provisioning. There are relatively few systems from few major vendors, so I think the Google just didn't have enough oopma-loompas to throw into the reactor to get the necessary acceleration (like Druuge ship captains did)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like