back to article Freeview HD Set-top Receivers

Freeview’s HD service is rolling out around the UK, and about half of the population should be able to receive it in time for the World Cup this summer. The new service also promises better picture quality for a range of programmes on BBC HD, ITV 1 HD and Channel 4 HD, with Welsh viewers swapping Channel 4 for the S4C Clirlun …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Bo Pedersen
    Thumb Down

all fine and dandy but....

where are the Flippin DVB-T2 usb adapters eh?

I have a media centre so there is less garbage under my telly!

2. Gold Soundz

USB Freeview HD

Is there any indication as to when these might be available? i have a Win7 media centre running on a laptop

3. Rob Dunford
    Unhappy

What I want...

is a freeview + freesat combined box, is that so difficult to make?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Great... but...

... where the hell are all the DBV-T2 PCI(e) cards?

Come on chipset/card makers, pull ones fingers from ones holes and get on with it!

5. Lusty

TV Cards

Any chance of one of these for TV cards for media center? I'd like to upgrade my Nova-t dual tuner to an HD equivelant but not found any so far.

6. Bo Pedersen

I shall tweet as soon as they come out

@LocalBits on twitter as I am working closely with suppliers

I need one for my ION330HT BD :)

7. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Halo

Mac mini media centre

Everything in my media centre runs off my Mac mini which does a fantastic job. For live TV/PVR, at the moment I'm using a Miglia TVMini which is a non-HD USB TV receiver, but as soon as there's a decent amount of HD content on Freeview HD then I'll just chuck that out and get an HD TV receiver instead and carry on using it with Miglia's excellent EyeTV software.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Meh...

I've got Freesat HD, seen Sky HD and am woefully unimpressed. It's nice but nowhere near the hype. Can't see a good reason to upgrade any time soon.

Paris, she likes HD....

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like