back to article UK to get Diet Facebook

Facebook Zero, the cut-down version of the social networking service that comes without data costs, has been launched in 45 countries with the UK to be added soon. Facebook Zero is a text-based version similar to the existing Facebook Mobile but with one key difference - users don't have to pay for the data used to access the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Why?

> In the UK 3 is the first to commit to free access for punters wanting to access 0.facebook.com, though we don't know the details of how that deal will be made available yet.

Or 3 users could continue to use the full fat version of Facebook on the data allowances that 3 seem to throw at everything these days. Who wants a crappy version of Facebook when most phones can display proper Facebook.

1. OFI

3 data

3 have just in the past 2 weeks drastically reduced the data allowance on new packages actually..

could be useful for those outside of 3G/HSDPA areas too :-)

2. Fractured Cell

iScales:

I initially though that this would be a version of FB where you had to buy a USB scale set, and if you went over a certian weight, you weren't allowed to log in.

Provides an incentive to lose weight, I think. You heard it here first!

3. The Unexpected Bill
    Coat

Confusion in naming?

Isn't Facebook Zero the new name for the privacy free part of Facebook where you don't worry about setting privacy controls and just turn everything over for public perusal?

(cue instant rimshot or tumbleweed, your choice)

Mine's the one with "do not and will never have a Facebook account" stenciled on the back.

4. Jamie Kitson

erm

> the idea is to reduce the overall network loading to the benefit of all (though particularly to the benefit of Facebook, obviously)

Surely if Facebook wanted to reduce their network loading they could get everyone on Facebook Zero? Are you suggesting that currently users get on to fullfat Facebook on their mobiles?

5. archengel46
    Thumb Up

I love 3

'Nuff said

6. The_Police!
    Paris Hilton

Three

seem to have started reducing their data allowances. Sign that they can not cope with the amount of data going through their network?

Paris because she offer unlimited data!

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Why does anyone want this crap?

Imagine buying a TV which only allowed you to watch EastEnders.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like