back to article Robot Sergey Brin stuns crowd

Self-help guru Tom Robbins and Google co-founder Sergey Brin employed bots of their wetware selves at a San Francisco fundraiser this month, "strutting the room and chatting it up like the rest of us", according to a blogger present. "People at the event, myself included, were immediately attracted to the robots and loved …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. MinionZero
    Joke

Its a bit anorexic for a Terminator.

It looks more like a cartoon broom with attitude. :)

1. Anonymous Coward
      Joke

Or...

Victoria Beckham on a Segway?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I've seen that somewhere before....

http://estb.msn.com/i/FD/945CA3242BBEBBEC81933F6DE17.jpg

3. Richard IV
    WTF?

Is it just me?

That Anybot head strongly reminds me of Mr Spoon off of Button Moon. Can't wait to see what the appendages will look like...

1. Richard IV

@AC, exactly the same time

Guess it wasn't just me :)

4. Anonymous Coward
    Heart

O what a bleak and horrible future we live in!

Just look at all the other people around him, completely ignoring him. This is great. Imagine, you're at a party and some bore starts nagging about kids/linux/iPad. Just give the monitor a good shove, and they'll bounce across the room to some other unwitting victim. Actually, this could be a great party-trick: smash-the-twat, or pounce-the-prick. As soon as the robototised moron gets near, give him a shove to the other party. I see great potential in this technology.

5. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

Looks like it was a real twatfest

And these are robots?

6. Max Pritchard
    Badgers

1980s

"I was disappointed to discover that the Virtual Wonka was encased in little more than a cheap TV stand with a monitor and a webcam attached."

A bit like Evil Edna then?

7. Martin 47

let one in my office?

hmmmm - I just hope it doesn't 'trip' and fall downstairs or through that window I 'accidentally' left open

1. Huntsman
      Thumb Up

The good thing is

that at least you won't get a harassment accusation levelled against you when you pat it on the bum for bringing you a brew.

Bloody secretaries.

8. This post has been deleted by its author

9. Timo

looks like I could kick its ass!

With no arms and no legs I bet I could handily kick its robot ass. And snap its neck like the broomstick that it appears to be.

If it gets too annoying probably no problem to pull its battery. A bit harder to do that with the real meatware thing.

Bender - bite my shiny metal ass

10. Oninoshiko
    Heart

hey! bootnotes?

what happened to our ROTM section?

Clearly it's a clever plan to overtake us with the power of cute!

KAWAII!!!!

11. Pablo
    Paris Hilton

Unclear

Are these autonomous, or controlled by a person? The term "telepresence" implies they are remotely controlled, but calling them robots implies autonomy. It's an important distinction, isn't it?

12. adsaenz
    FAIL

Not the same companies

The robot that Keith was talking to was a Willow Garage Texai, it's open source and doesn't really have a price tag. Anybots is a completely different company, and their QB (shown in your picture) is the one that will go on sale this fall for $15k.

13. Jose Ramirez
    FAIL

Tom Robbins?

I believe that's Anthony (Tony) Robbins.

14. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It looks like...

one of those kiddie toys that a child pushes along and multicolored plastic balls pop around inside a plastic dome sitting on top of the wheels.

15. Ian Yates
    Terminator

Three Laws

Enquiring minds want to know if the "robots" have the Three Laws built in.

This topic is closed for new posts.