back to article PARIS gets her very own private enclave

El Reg's Paper Aircraft Released Into Space (PARIS) now has its very own section, nicely nestled in Science, the better for readers to follow the progress of our audacious upper atmosphere plane plan. The new spot should be filling up nicely in the coming weeks, as the project ramps ups considerably towards the final, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Tim #3

Friday?

Mission summary & graphics on Friday sounds interesting- can I assume the Somali Pirates will be involved, amongst others?

2. Jacqui

light aircraft

perhaps a reader of VC would offer use of their light aircraft to flight test the tracking systems?

3. CASIOMS-8V
    Paris Hilton

What no ?

Came here expecting Paris and got paper aero-planes. Left disappointed. Article fails to deliver.

1. Sarah Bee (Written by Reg staff)

Re: What no ?

*yawn*

1. Richard 120
        Paris Hilton

Reversal

WTF? I used to read stuff about Paris Hilton and people would say where's the IT angle, now there's a technology story (sort of) and there are where's the Paris Hilton angle comments?

2. Peter Simpson 1
      Thumb Up

Anyone considered

asking Paris to sprinkle some bubbly over the nose of PARIS on launch day?

I'm sure she'd be happy to do it if you let her finish off the bottle afterwards...

1. CASIOMS-8V
        Happy

Excellent

I strongly approve of this. I would be happy to donate a bottle of Boli or three. I can't think of a more fitting send off for our dear PARIS.

1. alwarming
          Welcome

Re: Excellent

Count me in, I would like to watch Ms.Paris uncork the bottle.

While on the subject aircrafts, I would like to know how big is the PARIS' cockpit ? Is it filled regularly ?

If possible "Better Engine Emission" planes should also be allowed to compete with PARIS in the event. I am not asking for a mud slinging fest, but it would be good to see BEE and PARIS taking off together, entwining their tails in mid-air.

I can see why this event would be a hit with us commentards.

4. Annihilator
    Go

Dates!

Love it when a plan comes together. Erm, actually, a plan usually consists of timescales! Will this "mission summary" show that? Eager minds enquire.

5. FARfetched

How big is this thing?

In the next update, would you consider including dimensions of the glider? It has to be pretty large to carry the instrumentation, I'm guessing.

6. Adrian Esdaile
    Thumb Up

Long live PARIS and the NASA replacement: Commonwealth Universal New Technologies in Space!

Maybe... that's not such a good acronym....

But it IS great to seem determined Commonwealth efforts to replace the JOKE that is the American Shuttle 'Transport' System!

As an Australian I offer full and complete access to the Woomera testing range. Actually, it's probably still yours, as it's listed as 'Crown Land' and the last time I looked that Crown was the one on the head of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. A lot of people in this country seem to forget that little fact.

7. Alexander 3
    Thumb Up

Good stuff

Looks like fun. When I did this my balloon drifted out over the North Sea (at least, that's what I think it did. Never got it back so can't see its log). Watch out for that! If possible, consider putting a small HAM radio on board that can tell you where it is in-flight (or maybe that's what your Morse beacon is doing?). Will be following this one!

8. Martin 49
    Alert

Ah..But will it fly?

Oh No !!! - not the hypobaric chamber ! - There'll be mini black holes

and stuff and it will be the end of the world! ...... Oh .. er.. no... hang

on a minute - that's the LHC isn't it?

As you were.

This topic is closed for new posts.