back to article Twitter-controlled botnets come to the unwashed masses

A security researcher has unearthed a tool that simplifies the process of building bot armies that take their marching orders from specially created Twitter accounts. TwitterNet Builder offers script kiddies a point-type-and-click interface that forces infected PCs to take commands from a Twitter account under the control of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Disco-Legend-Zeke

I Get Lots...

...of spam from a bot that places "Setup.zip" in a google groups folder, then tells me to download it because my email server is changed.

I am somewhat dismayed that Google even allows zip files in groups accounts.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Gates Halo

Looks like Twitter saw this article...

and now it's suspended all the linked accounts.

No doubt it'll do matching of certain keywords for scanning for these things soon.

Good on ya.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Black Helicopters

Green frog blue mouse

The Dog Is Out Of The Kennel

10 PRINT "HELLO WORLD"

20 GOTO 10

30 EXECUTE COMMAND 24601

SYS65535

4. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

The reasons

NOT to use crap like twatter and facebook and buzz and all these "social??" networking sites seems to increase every day. I for one wont miss 'em....

1. Chris Pearson

You don't have to use it for it to work.

You don't need to be using them for this control mechanism to work though, twitter merely has to exist and not have suspended the control accounts

1. Anonymous Coward
        Go

Easy then

Twitter has to exist? Let's unexist it then. rm -rf / is too good for them...

5. adnim

whats the big deal

Any service that allows a user to upload data can be used to issue commands and instructions.

Ah read article again... scripts that allow the brain dead to control bots, means more people trying to herd bots, means...

Still don't think it's a big deal

6. TeeCee Gold badge
    Coat

Good grief!

Someone's found something they can do with Tw@ter that makes actual money rather than just the promise of it? Never thought I'd see the day.

I'm not surprised TPTB have shutttered the accounts, they must be seething with envy....

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like