back to article Ex-Microsoft power pair puff Ruby cloud

Ruby cloud behemoth Heroku has sucked in some heavyweight power courtesy of two influential ex-Microsofties. On Monday, Heroku announced that it's been given $10m in VC funding, and the round is led by Ignition partners, home to Brad Silverberg - who established many of the Microsoft products you now take for granted - and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. RJ

For what use?

Their hardware costs are 99% outsourced to amazon I would imagine and I hope their pricing policy covers those costs so what is the 10 mll going to be used for?

Development costs?

....?

2. TeeCee Gold badge
    Gates Horns

OMFG!

Having being responsible for Win 95, early IE versions and Office on your CV has to be on a par with having an eclectic selection of social diseases on your medical record.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Grenade

@TeeCee

How old are you?

Let see what the alternatives were about when 95 hit the streets

Proprietry hardware options like Mac, Atari and Amiga

CMD line software such as UNIX (no Linux then), which often commanded a horredous price tag.

So 95 bought commodity hardware and simple software to the masses.

i.e?

So the main rival was the massivley bloated and slow Netscape Navigator.

Office?

And the rival in the early days was either expensive proprietry software, or extremely basic software.

This software suite, bought PC computing to the masses.

Oh and I had an Atari Falcon 030 when 95 came out which was much more powerful, but soon switched to the pc (well ran both at once for sometime)

1. Anonymous Coward
        WTF?

temporal dyslexia

> Let see what the alternatives were about when 95 hit the streets

We used Novell, DRDOS, XTREE GOLD and Netscape. Later we even got a version of Netscape to boot and run off a single floppy, under a striped down Win3.11 ..

3. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Ruby and Microsoft

Will Ruby be signing the Microsoft patent 'cross licensing` patent agreement?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like