back to article Accenture and HP hardest hit by services drop

Accenture and HP were the worst hit of the big IT services players, with both losing more than ten per cent of their services revenues. Overall the tech services market declined by 5.3 per cent between 2008 and 2009, but Accenture's market share fell from 2.9 per cent of the total to 2.7 per cent. In revenue terms researchers …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Not before time!

Think hundreds of millions of taxpayers money, think utterly failed IT project, and the chances are you're looking at Accenture or EDS. I seem to see a strong correlation between their fortunes and waste of taxpayer funds.

2. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Perhaps....

Perhaps if HP hadn't treat their customers like they treat their Services Staff (i.e. as a massive cash cow) and actually tried to keep up the level of service, they would'nt have lost so much current and future revenue in the area.

Short-sighted idiots.

3. Geoff Campbell Silver badge
    Thumb Up

Congratulations....

....on possibly the first ever correct use of the word "decimated" in any media, any time in the last 150 years.

GJC

1. MnM
      Headmaster

I grudgingly agree

Correction opportunity. Denied!

4. Robert Ramsay

Accidenture...

...couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of guys...

5. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Accunture

Here's hoping they lose the rest of their market share too.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Terminator

...or not.

I worked for ACN back in the days when they were still called Andersen Consulting. Despite it being many many years ago now, it's still picked up by IT managers and HR recruitment consultants whenever I've been interviewed. Much more so than the companies I worked for before or after.

They may be naff and charge their clients an absolute fortune, they may only train their staff for 2 weeks in St Charles, Chicago in how to copy from the BIM methodology and paste into Powerpoint, and they may have gone downhill massively since I left the firm but the name is still well known. And whilst that's still the case, it's beneficial for my post-ACN career prospects.

Everyone in the industry really knows that Bigtime Consulting was the better company to have on your CV anyway.

This topic is closed for new posts.