back to article Spider-Man and Jedi Knights bust X-Men comic thief

The combined forces of Spider-Man and the Jedi Knights took time off from battling Green Goblin and The Empire on Saturday to bust an Adelaide comic store thief. The unnamed perp attempted to lift a copy of X-Men Omnibus, worth A$160 (£97), from the Adelaide Comics Centre during an event to mark International Free Comic day. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Danny 14
    Thumb Up

wheeee

You couldnt make this up. I bet Uwe Bol is already planning his next travesty based on it.

2. s 2
    Alert

Happy Star Wars Day!!!

May The 4th Be With You... Always.

3. Vince Lewis 1
    Joke

typo

“My colleague, who was dressed as The Flash, kept running AROUND the shop and stayed calm. It really was a team effort"

4. David Neil
    FAIL

Obligatory

WORST. SHOPLIFTER. EVER

5. Peter Kay

'Flash kept running the shop'

He just /had/ to get that one in, hadn't he?

6. Whitter
    Thumb Up

Hats off (but not masks)

"The Flash kept running"

Very good.

7. Andrew Moore
    Flame

"My colleague, who was dressed as The Flash, kept running the shop..."

That's a true fan- wont drop out of character for a second...

8. Uk_Gadget
    Paris Hilton

What is the attraction....

.... of dressing up as Super Zeros???

Minds you, did the theif misunderstand the meaning of 'International Free Comic day'?

Paris cos she's my super hero...

9. Mage Silver badge
    Happy

Suspiciously dressed in regular clothing

Brilliant.

10. lukewarmdog
    Badgers

well it was

International free comic day.

11. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

ahem, excuuuse me

Just where is the playmobil recreation?

12. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

awesome

"My spider-sense was tingling" - utterly brilliant. :)

13. Dan 10
    Thumb Up

Brilliant!

Jedi knights had their light sabers out indeed!

:-D

14. LuMan
    Go

Jedi..

"it just happened that the Jedi Knights were there and they had their lightsabers out so they held the door until the police arrived."

Crikey! It was a good job those Jedi remembered their lightsabers. Just think how powerless they would've been if they'd left them at home!! Still - at least they were praised; over here they'd have been arrested for possession of a deadly weapon!!

15. Anonymous John

International Free Comic day?

"This isn't the free comic you're looking for."

16. Sampler

Any pictures of catwomen?

Or is it a "true" comic book fan and we'd rather not see?

17. nsld
    Joke

perhaps he should try shoplifting in the apple store

As this would never happen there;

“My colleague, who was dressed as The Flash, kept running the shop and stayed calm. It really was a team effort.”

18. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

lmao

"Law enforcement operatives dressed as Adelaide police officers then attended the scene...."

Genius.

19. Greg J Preece

Am I the only one thinking...

...that he hadn't actually nicked it? Over here at least, you haven't nicked anything until you leave the store with it. Up until that point you're given the benefit of the doubt, in case you've put something in a pocket simply to make it easier to carry to the till.

1. Jim in Hayward
      Thumb Down

Seriously. Here is the USA you have to LEAVE THE STORE without paying for it.

You mean in the UK you just have to bag it before you get charged with shoplifting? Glad I don't live in that country!

1. Trevor Marron

Theft Act

In the UK, to prove theft under the Theft Act you have to prove that the intention was to deprive the owner of the item of it's use permanently. Thus you can actually leave the store with a trolley (cart to you lot over the pond) of shopping and as long as the prosecution can't convince beyond reasonable doubt, that you never intended to return the stuff or pay for it then your in the clear. But best to remember to pay for your champagne when you go to leave Tescos.....

2. Sorry that handle is already taken. Silver badge

What's the UK got to do with it?

Adelaide's the capital city of South Australia.

You'll also notice that the word "charged" doesn't appear in either this article or the Times source article. Police are "investigating", which will presumably end with him being "let off with a warning" for lack of any chargeable offence.

20. Kevin Reader
    Happy

There's already a video including....

There's already a video including security camera shots and some reconstruction and interview.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newsvideo/weirdnewsvideo/7676875/Spiderman-prevents-comic-book-robbery.html

Sorry huge link at the torygraph.

21. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Wow

Seriously, hearing that stuff like this happens is a reason to keep on living.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like