back to article Cheshire lass, 8, wins Playmobil vid challenge

An eight-year-old Cheshire girl has won Playmobil's "The Next Episode" video challenge, with a rather good interpretation of Alice in Wonderland. With a bit of help from mum and dad, Mia Jones put together this low-budget Brit answer to Tim Burton's recent CGI-heavy adapatation of the Lewis Carroll classic: Mia's mum Sara …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. AGirlFromVenus

She needs to get a ...

... job with Nick Parks crew. Awesome.

B.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Note to El Reg

Excellent. We shall expect animated Playmobil from now on!

1. The Beer Monster
      Go

Yup

If an 8 year old can do it, El Reg should either surpass her efforts or hire her to do them (or her parents for the NSFW stories).

2. sT0rNG b4R3 duRiD
      Thumb Up

I concurr

This video is full of win, btw.

Just goes to show that a job like this needn't be saucy to be good (although that certainly helps!)

Let's see El Reg top it.

3. Anonymous John

Re Bootnote

The El Reg Playmobil section seems incomplete. It isn't six months since the last reconstruction, is it?

4. Scott Mckenzie
    Go

Indeed!

Excellent indeed and here here for animated Playmobil from El Reg in future!!!

5. Paul 4

Top marks!

And well done to her!

6. Frostbite
    FAIL

Yer riiight

An 8 year old did this? Nah.....don't think so.

1. LaeMing
      FAIL

Yes, Right!

In my time as a primary school teacher I have encountered plenty of kids around this age perfectly capable of putting something like this together with assistance from adults or older kids for the technical aspects. It is the adults who get their heads stuck so far up their own butts that can't seem to do anything other than sit drooling in front of the telly, then try to claim that just because they don't have the ability, than it must be impossible for kids.

7. D@v3
    Thumb Up

superb

better than the 3D tripe i got roped into seeing recently

8. thefutureboy
    Thumb Up

Top Work!

Give that girl a job animating the Reg's Playmobil creations.

9. Jerome 0
    Dead Vulture

Poor show

I am deeply disappointed in El Reg, being bested by an eight-year old girl. Admittedly her sterling efforts would be hard to beat, but could you not even find it in yourselves to put up a fight for your honour?

10. Magnus Ramage
    Happy

Fantastic

Utterly wonderful. Pitch perfect in every moment, down to the little self-referential gag about the Playmobil competition. Deserves at least to go viral, if not the Oscar.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Wonderful!

This was just charming, there were a lot of nice little details crammed in, and it was suitably quirky.

Clearly the prize won't be wasted on Mia, hope she enjoys having more extras for her dramas :)

12. James Hughes 1

hell of a good prize

A years worth of stuff - the whole range every three months! Awesome.

13. E 2
    Stop

Drugs!

Drugs I say! Plainly a drug movie!

1. John Sager
      Big Brother

Re: Drugs!

Yes, Alice eating the Fly Agaric was a dead giveaway. Hope Broon's thought police don't get to her before next Thursday.

14. Anonymous Coward
    Megaphone

Setting a new standard

If an 8-year-old can do this then, frankly, I'll be expecting El Reg to out do her with their next playmobil reconstruction.

Otherwise you'll forever be accused of being beaten by an 8-year-old girl...

15. Oninoshiko

recurse!

maybe we need a playmobil reconstruction of the contruction of this playmobil reconstruction...

recursion makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!

16. h 6
    Coat

Playmobilia?

Playmobilia? Isn't that a bit inappropriate for an 8 year old?

17. Alan 6
    Thumb Up

Quite simply stunning

Much better than my super 8 recreation of Bullitt with a Scalextric when I was 12...

18. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

A year's supply?

What does she do, eat it?

19. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Here's an idea...

I bet she could do a lovely job of animating BOFH!

This topic is closed for new posts.