back to article JooJoo tablet offered to Brits

Fusion Garage has made its 12in Atom-based tablet, the JooJoo, available to buyers outside the US. UK residents can now order the large iPad alternative for £319 plus £15 postage and packing - a grand total of £334, which is roughly what the most basic 9in iPad is expected to retail for. Fusion Garage JooJoo The JooJoo: …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. John Goodwin 4
    Paris Hilton

Cruchpad?

Prontastic!

2. this

CruchPad?

logical extension of a laptop?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Size isn't everything

But if you've made a "tablet" by bolting a PC, a car battery, and a large fan onto the back of a 12-inch screen then size is your only selling point.

I'm quite happy with my 9 inches, thank you very much.

1. Rob Beard
      WTF?

Car battery?

I'm sorry, where did you get car battery from?

No sign of a car battery here:

https://thejoojoo.com/sites/accessories

I'm almost tempted to stick one on my xmas list so I don't have to lug my 12.1" laptop around (which has a knackered battery so does need a car battery, along with car attached to it and an inverter to power it on the move).

Rob

4. Alastair Dodd 1

it's better than the ipad

but only 4gb of storage is a joke

5. Jerome 0
    Thumb Up

I'm sold

Sounds excellent. If the screen's nice and responsive to a decent number of simultaneous touches, I'd happily pay 300 notes for one of these. The kicker is being able to develop for it - I need to run the code of my choice on my own device. Sounds like a remarkably innovative feature for a computer.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I'm not sold

"There are just so many things we wish Fusion Garage did differently with the JooJoo. Even putting aside the fact that Apple's $499 iPad brings more to the table than just web browsing, the JooJoo is less portable, has a worse (if larger) screen, is unintuitive to use, and ships with half-baked software."

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/05/fusion-garage-joojoo-review/

6. the peanut
    Alert

Caveat emptor

http://techcrunch.com/2009/12/11/crunchpad-federal-lawsuit-filed-some-additional-thoughts/

Point 5 in particular.

I know TechCrunch are not the most objective people to ask about this particular product, but still.

7. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Why would anyone buy a tiny iPad when they could have a JooJoo?

It is a testament to the crushing power of Apple marketing that only 64 JooJoos have been sold when, as the article points out, it has a much larger screen than the million-selling iPad. It also plays Flash, unlike the iPad.

What is wrong with people, I wonder, that they always fall for Apple's hype when such obviously better values exist?

</troll>

"CruchPad" made me laugh, though, so thanks for that.

8. Haku

Baby speak

Has anyone else noticed the slowly growing trend of gadgets that have names which are almost synonymous with baby speak?

iPod

iPad

Wii

Joo Joo, etc.

Personally I'm waiting for the Pthbpthbpthb, marketed as the :P

9. Newt_Othis
    Happy

I possibly may have found something to put on my Christmas list.

10. Steve Davies 3 Silver badge
    FAIL

Eh? Their Website say different

IF you follow the link in the article the JooJoo site page say that they are only accepting orders from US & Canada.

Fail for obvious reasons.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

JooJoo?

Interested parties may wish to read the Engadget review prior to purchase

12. James Pickett (Jp)

Likeing the hardware . . .

... but the early reviews suggest the software leaves something to be desired. Hopefully a few updates down the line, this will be a real contender.

13. JohnG

TinTin

Is this JooJoo anything like the "juju" causing so much trouble for TinTin in Belgium and Congo?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/apr/28/tintin-congo-racist-ban-belgium

14. Newt_Othis
    Unhappy

Not like

Seen the Engadget review - shame.

Is it too much to ask to have a decent non-apple tablet?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like