back to article 3Com sues 3Com over 3Com buyout

The $2.2bn sale of networking gear vendor 3Com has already hit litigious waters, courtesy its own shareholders. In a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission, 3Com disclosed that several class action lawsuits have been filed since September to block the sale to private equity firm Bain capital Partners and Huawei …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. b shubin
    Thumb Up

And why not?

at least if the Chinese take over the Moon, they may do something constructive with it.

the US hasn't had much use for it in the last 50 years, except for that one moment during the pissing match...er, "Space Race". since then, they've been too busy watching TV and bombing other countries.

please, have at it. perhaps then, i will have some hope of getting off-planet within my lifetime...

2. Jonathan Hensley

And then...

Shortly after the Chinese take over the moon and repaint it red, they'll have to blow it up with large nuclear charges because the paint had too much lead in it.

I'm sorry, but I've seen the effects of Chinese design and testing. Chinese designs and products = usually good. Product testing following that = non-existent.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

All that the usa can do now...

is to forbid the use of 3com network equipment on their public and government networks. Since all monitored network equipement must contain a law enforcment interface, it's natural to assume that the chinese government will switch the access certificates from the nsa's set to their own. The same change resulted in lenovo's getting banned from the pentagon. Imho this isn't really a problem, as long as they have another company to buy products from.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Prior art

"Huawei Technologies (pronounced Hua-h...hwwo — ah, skip it)."

Hawaii? Hue-a-wee?

"perhaps then, i will have some hope of getting off-planet within my lifetime..."

Perhaps if you took charge of your life, you wouldn't be so unhappy; extra-terrestrial travel will not make you happy.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Re: And then...

But how on earth (err...) are you going to product test the moon? What would your pass/fail criteria be?

6. Kieron McCann
    Gates Horns

What are they complaining about ?

They should be happy, at least Huawei are actually paying for 3 Com this time instead of merely brazenly infringing their copyrights as they usually do....

7. Sam
    Coat

Why aye man

Huawei Technologies? Sounds like they're from Newcastle..

Huawei The Lads..

OK, I'll fuck off.

8. David Austin

I don't care either way...

...As Long as they keep making those OfficeConnect Routers: The 3CRWDR101A-75 are the best non-enterprise routers I've ever used: A stack of options and features, content filtering, and a great set of Logging and diagnostic tools. Beat the crap out of D-link/NetGear/LinkSys/Belkin boxes.

9. Jonathan Hensley

Re: Re: And Then

None really. When the kiddies try to eat some of the green/red cheese, will they get sick?

10. Nathan Virgeweed
    Jobs Horns

China try and buy the moon

Lead by several false acquisitions, allegedly this has been approved by the world moon agency.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like