back to article Dell Inspiron One 19 Touch touchscreen all-in-one

Despite appearing on sale in larger numbers in recent months, touchscreen PCs still tend to be sold as luxury items with a price to match. So with the Inspiron One 19 Touch, which starts from under £500, Dell is deliberately giving the whole touchscreen PC market a boot up the backside. Dell Inspiron One Touch All fingers …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Stu
    IT Angle

Is it multi-touch capable?

'scuse me if I missed it when reading thru the article, not sure if it was mentioned.

^^^^^^^^ I needed an icon with a question mark! Can you add one please? ;-)

1. Marvin the Martian
      Paris Hilton

There's a question mark provided.

Hint: question marks come hand in hand with confusion.

Example with solution: "Are we learning anything from the screenshots in the article we didn't know from the screen resolution? What's the point? I'm confused here."

2. Christian Berger

Dot Matrix Printer?

Seriously, it's a Windows machine. Have you ever tried getting a non-parallel printer to run on one of those? It just doesn't work, as you cannot get your OS to make the port availiable as the LPT1 device.

3. MarkGrld
    Thumb Up

EPos

With the legacy ports this looks a good replacement for epos terminals - drop the Win7 so the software will run and we have new tills for half the usual price

4. Tim #3

Nice!

Seems a nice piece of kit overall, though would be much better if it had one of those ports which enable you to connect direct to TV (is that HDMI? I can never remember them all). I'd even forgo a couple fo the legacy ports for it. Also, some indication of how normal software works in this PC's touchscreen environment would be useful.

p.s. It would be great if you could include some indication of noisiness in test reports, it makes a big difference if a PC is a church mouse or an, er, Ian Paisley...

5. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Supply PS2 Peripherals?

Madness! It's a legacy port, please let it stay that way (I for one am fed up of having to reboot Windows to change or reseat a PS2 keyboard... ridiculous).

Instead argue that Dell should dispense with these ports and include 2 more USBs, or perhaps these units should incorporate some standard wireless function... I dunno say Bluetooth... for connecting peripherals, it's about time that became standard in PCs and ALL (not just most) laptops. Wires in general are soooo last century for simple low bandwidth things like keyboards and mice...

6. dogged
    Boffin

Possibly

It's a Kitchen PC and the legacy ports exist to wire up a barcode scanner.

What?

I'm just saying.

7. Alastair 7

Re: Supply PS2 Peripherals?

"Wires in general are soooo last century for simple low bandwidth things like keyboards and mice..."

Rubbish. My laptop is entirely Bluetooth capable, but I still have a wired mouse. Why? No batteries. It's not like I'm ever going to take the mouse that far away from the laptop anyway, so why bother faffing around with batteries, chargers, batteries running out when you least expect it, etc.?

1. Michael H.F. Wilkinson Silver badge

Actually

I much prefer the wireless mouse I got for my laptop. The added weight makes the mouse more responsive. The batteries rarely run out, and then I have the track pad (or a spare set of AAs)

8. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

Erm...

It might just be me, but when I follow your links to RegHardware, and then the Dell site, I see "Hello Chris" in the top right corner....methinks your URL contains some login details (although clicking "My Account" does ask me to login....and my name isn't Chris, and I do have a Dell, hence why I noticed!)

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Ooooh shiny...

Big iPad with a keyboard and reasonable OS, minus Jobsian control freakery..

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like