back to article Palm hands out golden handcuffs

Palm has started handing out golden handcuffs to the key executives who've not already jumped ship, in what could be the run up to an acquisition announcement. One key executive who's already plunged overboard is Michael Abbott - the man credited, in large part, with creating WebOS. Michael Abbott's last day will be next week …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. SuperTim

doesnt seem very much

We would all love £250k, but in the seedy world of executives this is small beer. It won't remotely encourage people to ignore a tempting post elswhere (which would now be sweetened by £250k).

2. PushF12
    Megaphone

Put android on the Treo and Centro

The Treo and Centro can run the Android operating system, but it is difficult to install and unstable because the drivers are reverse engineered.

If anybody remains in the Palm engineering department, then please release the hardware specification or Garnet driver source code.

None of you have any chance for long term employment, so you don't need to pretend that WebOS matters.

3. Fatman

`Golden Handcuffs`

I like the title, but I had a different concept for the use of `Golden Handcuffs`!!

Sorry to go a bit off topic, but I hear that Bernie Madoff is lonely while he is doing the time. Perhaps the Feds can go out and use their `Golden Handcuffs` and round up other members of the `Wall Street Crowd` that are responsible for implosion of the financial markets, and provide Madoff with some new cell mates!!!

Sarah - you need a `Golden Handcuffs` icon.

4. John Tserkezis
    FAIL

Sounds very much like

some schools here who gave students prizes to turn up every day.

Like that worked.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Grenade

250K is for the engineering staff

useless pencil pushing, golf playing fat arses will bleed the company dry and still shaft it on the way out.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like