back to article Apple updates MacBook Pro notebooks

Apple has updated its MacBook Pro laptop line, promising not only faster processors and better graphics but also a longer battery life. The 15.4in Pro gets a choice of 2.4GHz and 2.53GHz Core i5s, both with 3MB of L3 cache. The machines can make use of the on-CPU graphics core or Nvidia's GeForce GT 330M 256MB GPU, which is …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I think there's a mistake

"The 17in Pro also has a 512MB GT 330M, but only a 2.53GHz Core i5 CPU" you can choose i7 with 17in model for extra £160. It's a shame none of them has HDMI port and the resolution for all but 17in model is still far too low!

1. pete23
      Jobs Halo

higher rez - 1650x1050?

you can get 1650x1050 as a BTO option on the 15" now which seems like a sensible rez... 1920x1200 is just too much at that size.

1. Adam Williamson 1
        WTF?

no.

*headdesk*

there's no such thing as 'too much at that size' (until your eyes become inadequate to actually resolve the theoretically-possible detail, which is a point much higher than 1920x1200 at 15"). Higher resolution at the same screen size simply improves sharpness. It doesn't 'make everything smaller', unless your OS is crap; you just set the DPI setting correctly and you get everything the size it ought to be, but sharper than if the resolution were lower...

OS X is supposed to be reasonably resolution-independent, from all I've read.

2. regprentice

Core 2 duo still

Appalling that a brand new 1k computer still ships with a core 2 duo processor. I was waiting for an i3 at least for the MacBook / cheaper MacBook pro but I've been wasting my time.

Here's hoping for a sensible update to the vanilla MacBook soon

3. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

New models

Yet again, lacklustre and behind the times in terms of functionality.

The old addage holds true "A fool and his money are easily parted."

1. Quxy
      FAIL

You're no fool...

...so fortunately there's still Dell and Windows 7 for smart folks like you!

4. Si 1
    Jobs Horns

Only the GT330M?

Apple should have used the 335M, it's much better for games (and since it can fit in the 11" Alienware M11x it doesn't run too hot or consume loads of power).

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Meh

They're slightly conservative updates just to keep their head above water. Let's hope for another one before Christmas. We may not be obliged though

6. This post has been deleted by its author

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Apple - the company that used to sell computers

Now just cheap, nasty phones.

1. ThomH

But that they were

Cheap that is.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Halo

Not Optimus?

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/10/04/13/nvidia_says_new_macbook_pro_graphics_switching_isnt_optimus.html

9. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Worthless

Clearly a large segment of the population wants small (< 12") laptops, hence their sales in PC-land.

Come on Steve, you can keep your Core iWhatevers. MacBooks are already fast enough. Give us some 1.3GHz CULV goodness.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like