back to article Spies caught plundering secret Indian docs

An espionage gang that infiltrated Indian government computer networks across the globe has been pilfering highly classified documents related to missile systems, national security assessments and the United Nations, according to researchers who tracked the intruders for eight months. The gang, dubbed the Shadow Network, was …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Manas Straw
    Welcome

Unfotunately...

Indian civil servants are not savvy enough to leave USB keys / laptops on trains. Hence all this effort to infiltrate networks.

I, for one, welcome our Network Infiltrating, espionaging, shadowy overlords.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Black Lotus

and her super-hackers have been very busy lately.

3. SisterClamp

They can plunder all they like.......

if the missile systems are anything like the systems integration work I've seen, nothing will work!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

wot

like BAE?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Is it wrong

that I have a real yearning to see what's in the Dalai Lama's emails?

1. moonface
      Thumb Up

Reading the Dalai Lama's emails

This is not wrong at all. The Dalai Lama sounds like a fascinating character. A real life modern day regenerating Oriental Time Lord. A bit like Dr Who but exiled to Earth for a bit longer and without the gadgets.

Until Wikileaks gets hold of them we can only speculate on his recorded high jinx's with various celebrities and reminiscing on past lives and being back in the old days.

5. Chris Miller

One would hope

that 'highly confidential' documents would not be stored on networks having Internet connectivity, let alone access to "Baidu Blogs". OTOH, if India have retained the British classification standards, then 'Secret' could include such sensitive information as last year's holiday rotas.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Dead Vulture

One thing missing here....

...did they bother to notify the Indian goverment, or were they happy to allow people to steal information on missile technology?

7. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

This is all lies

Just try Googling "Chinese computer spy rings" and you will know I am right!

8. Chris Hatfield

China is taking over the world...

..that or skiddies will be selling India's nuclear secrets on eBay

Govts need to watch out for all the 733t haxxors, amirite?

9. Stratman
    Coat

title

Presumably that'll be Rogan Ghostnet

10. Stevie

Bah!

First my mortgage bank, then my wife's health insurance company, and now I'm going to get a "Sorry, we've been hacked. Have a year's worth of credit monitoring on us" letter from the Dalai Lama?

Intolerable!

11. Richard Cartledge
    WTF?

The zionist state?

Using genuine British passports given by the agents who infest our government no doubt.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

A little fear keeps you alive

Beware of false flags leveraged as an excuse to attack Iraq

13. gimbal
    Alert

China?

Darn! and here, I was hoping that the story was going to point the way to some sort of Howard Hughes 2K - Oh well!

14. M. Burns Silver badge
    Boffin

Obviously it was the Chinese government

No one else would care about Indian secrets. Well, except Pakistan.

15. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

The Next World War

Will not be fought on the battlefields oe hCW men and wimmen pointing nasty guns at each other, the threat will instead travel the worlds telephone lines, where the miscreants will issue nasty little threats to bring down a country's economy.

And you thought the UK MP expenses scandal was bad enough....

Paris because the thought of down and dirty crossed my mind.....

This topic is closed for new posts.