back to article Sky posts 3D TV pub finder

Sky's 3D TV service goes live on Saturday 3 April, broadcasting live the Premier League game between Man U and Chelsea. But in which pubs can you watch the match? Sky today put its promised pub search site on line, allowing footie fans to key in their post codes and get a list of - hopefully - nearby pubs they can visit this …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

i hope they...

put the TVs at the correct angle so the chavvy caps dont get in the way of the 3D pictures.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Yay

What would be even more useful would be football/TV-free pubs- for those of us who want to have a nice social drink without sweaty manchildren screaming at a screen. Is there some site that assists with that?

1. Les Matthew
      Thumb Up

Re: Yay

"Is there some site that assists with that?"

this link will give you a list of some to avoid.

http://3d.sky.com/pubfinder/

1. Robert E A Harvey

yep

That was my thought. Oh goody - a handy list of unattractive dives

3. Anonymous Coward
    Pint

Sympathise

Nearest Sky 3D pub to me: 7.6 miles.

My in-bred, rural broadband cousins; I feel your pain!

1. Peter 66
      Happy

I don't need a title, i'm lord of the manor!

Nearest one is 6.4 miles away, got to love living in the country

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Great!

I'm very happy to learn that the nearest on to me is 7.5 miles away. Hopefully that means it will be easy to find a pub that isn't full of football supporters.

On another subject, how do you watch this if you wear glasses? Those bins don't look like they'd fit over most glasses. Is it likely that some glasses wearing footy supporters or TV obsessives will sue Sky or their local boozer for discriminating against their glasses wearing customers?

5. Barry Lane 1
    Thumb Down

Where?

Where will I be watching the big game? Why, I'll be watching it over my dead body.

We're not all football-stupid eedjuts. If I walk into a pub and see any of the Murdoch clan's dismal product on view, I leave smartish.

6. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

Err...how far?

Nearest is 19.7 miles - and I don't live in that rural a location! Seems the focus is on the more salt of the earth areas. Think I will pass!

7. Burch
    Pint

@Yay

I have difficulty believing you ever go to pubs.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like