back to article BlackBerry hooks up with LinkedIn

BlackBerry users finally have a LinkedIn client, joining iPhone and Palm users who've had mobile access to the business networking service for months. Given the business focus of LinkedIn, which presents itself as a serious business tool rather than a playground for turning popularity into gaming success, it's surprising we've …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Grenade

Functional but Dull

Yep, that sums up Linked-in!

2. Ihre Papiere Bitte!!
    Thumb Down

LinkBerry?

I have an account on LinkedIn that I was using when I was looking for work last year, to an extent at least. I believe it's more responsible than anything else for the torrent of spam I received to the included e-mail address (thankfully, a disposable).

Haven't logged in since they "teamed up" with Twitter and insisted on sending me no less than six separate e-mails telling me just how wonderful this combination would be, and how fulfilled my life would become if I immediately started using LinkedIn to "follow" my "favourite people".

I won't be adding this to my BlackBerry anytime soon. And I mean "soon" in glacial terms.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

First impressions...

Nice.

But seemingly aimed at the very short sighted, and where are the groups?

1. ml100
      Thumb Up

Myopia

You may not have realised that the majority of over 50s need glasses to read. Big text wont harm you or I but is essential to lazy old men who cant be bothered to put on their glasses while browsing on their Blackberrys sat in traffic.

1. Anonymous Coward
        FAIL

So, umm...

why not support the device's font size setting, instead of forcing everybody with half-decent sight to have half the content on screen that we could have?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Big Brother

No, thanks

I've very busy taking my details off LinkedIn and only use it to find other people. Unlike other platforms such as Xing, LinkedIn spams everyone of your contacts when you as much as fart and you have only one way of controlling that short of leaving: reduce the number of contacts.

Well, if I have to do that I might as well drop out of it altogether.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like