back to article Acer prices up skinny, long-running Timeline X laptops for UK

Acer has priced up its sleek Timeline X laptop line for the UK. It also said today when it plans to release the first of its new line of Ethos entertainment notebooks over here. The first Timeline X machines will ship in May: the x745 and x741. Both ranges will feature 14in, 15.6in and 17.3in models - 3820, 4820 and 5820 - …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

bah

You had me up to "Radeon". I was thinking that this would be a nice little machine for a bit of work, but there's no fking way I am subjecting myself to ATI-s piss-poor Linux drivers again.

Probably back to plan "A", get a nice sturdy Macbook Pro, and triple boot it.

1. BristolBachelor Gold badge

Windows too

From my experience, their drivers can be a bit b*ll*x on Windows too :(

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Handsome beastie

But I'm wondering what quality plastics and metals will be used to build this thing. Acer have produced some nice pieces of hardware, but all the ones I've tried have been let down by the eggbox construction and nasty materials.

By contrast, Lenovo don't really score on style, but their construction and use of materials is second to none.

3. Jolyon Smith
    Coat

"True 5.1 audio"

With only 4 speakers and a sub-woofer? I think not.

Quite apart from the fact that truly "True 5.1 audio" would have two speakers position behind the listener, 5.1 audio requires FIVE speakers and a sub-woofer.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like