back to article Chattanooga devil dog eats cop cruiser

Chattanooga cops have released a video of a one-sided encounter between officer Clayton Holmes's police cruiser and a local devil dog. According to the Chattanooga Times Free Press, Holmes was "running radar" and had stopped to file a report when he "reported he felt his car shaking and upon investigating he found the bulldog …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Cazzo Enorme

GRRAaaawwWWF!

Thems mutts can smell coffee and do'nuts. Hyuk, hyuk.

1. The Indomitable Gall

I think you mean bacon...

I can certainly smell pork products....

2. Disco-Legend-Zeke

I Watched A Cop...

...put a .45 through the head of a pit bull. All it did was tick the dog off.

1. kain preacher

title

It most likely bounced off the dogs head, pissing it off

2. Thomas 18
      Thumb Up

thats why they are illegal here

Thanks to the dangerous dogs act breed specific legislation.

1. Hud Dunlap
        FAIL

remember "spanky and our gang"

The dog in that show was a pit bull. For many years they were considered the best pet for children. Remember Spuds MacKensie of Bud LIght fame. About as mellow a dog as you are going to find. The vet's here will tell you they are big babies. Yes you can make them mean, but that is true of any dog. German shepherds were considered terrible dogs for a while and then dobermens and more recently rottwielers.

These dogs are having a good time. Well behaved no, but dangerous no.

3. IT Dog's Boy

Get off My Lawn!

I mean get off my driveway... No wait come back and play.

4. Lionel Baden

i have to admit

I wouldnt of gotten out of the car either

although the dogs didnt look dangerous

5. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Pardon me Roy

is that the cat who chewed your new shoes? (or in this case, the dog who chewed your bumper?)

1. Dave Harris
      Pint

Thank you

Haven't heard that joke in 25 years, so thanks for the nostalgia trip.

6. Dork Lard
    Thumb Up

My dog chases cars...

What does he do if he catches one?

Eats it!

7. jake Silver badge

Parvo.

The black & white Heinz 57 (Bulldog? WTF??) is probably a parvo survivor. This "fixation to the exclusion of all else" is the kind of thing they do when their developing brain gets ruined ... And unfortunately, because the B&W is taking the lead, it is being seen as pack leader by the other two. (Three is barely a pack, four definitely is ...).

The brown dog is a puppy, probably under eighteen months old, being taught bad behavior by the parvo survivor. Note the expected "jump and stare" at the unusual loud noise. This dog can be turned around.

The black dog is being drawn into the pack behavio(u)r, and is covering the "wounded critter's" flank ... Note that when the air-dam is finally torn off, it is the black dog who goes to turn the "wounded critter" back into the rest of the pack ... If this idiot woman gets another dog, she is probably going to be torn to pieces.

Get your pups vaccinated, people. Parvo is an ugly thing. Not as ugly as stupid fucking idiots who get dogs as fashion accessories, though. And not as ugly as the laws that force police to return the poor critters to said idiots ...

8. Greg D
    Thumb Up

this is fucking awesome

I was waiting for El Reg to brighten up my Friday, well played!

9. thomas k.

Bulldog?

I thought bulldogs were those ones that look like Winston Churchill. The one attacking the car didn't seem at all like that.

1. I. Aproveofitspendingonspecificprojects 1
      FAIL

Same fight plan

I wonder if he had parvo virus?

Or was his mental development down to something he got from his dad?

10. Citizen Kaned

i suppose...

did he even try beeping his horn? scares the crap out of most dogs

although its refreshing to see that US piglets are just as dumb as the UK counterparts!

11. Tzael

The sweet smell of roadkill?

The black dog is obviously the smart one, see how it prevented the police car from rapidly reversing and then a minute later runs to the front of the police car to stop it driving away.

So what roadkill was wedged in the car's bumper?

12. stupormundi

Those are not very well made cars...

... back home in Latvia, that could never have happened.

13. Gene Cash Silver badge
    Pint

I knew to wait for the El Reg coverage

No "win" icon, but the "buy ya a beer" one'll do.

14. Eddy Ito

A bit surprised

Here I expected they'd normally break out the shotguns and lay a full magazine or two of 00 buck into the pups. They must have nicer plods in Chattanooga than we do in Boston.

15. Peter 4

crap 'merican cars

That's supposed to be a bumper?

Those yank drags a really flimsy!

P.

1. Greg J Preece

American cars = tin foil and spit

They're badly designed and badly made. That's why the Detroit bunch were ready to kill anyone owning a Honda when the Japanese car invasion came along - they realised their cars were crap, but in true human fashion decided to blame the Japanese for their problems rather than improve quality.

16. J 3
    Heart

The other cop...

What did the cop do, rub sausage all over the bumper?

The other cop's comments are the best.

At about 1 min., he says the obvious: keep your car still, man!

Later: just run them over, dude! Or was it "don't" just run them over? Couldn't tell with the thick accent.

17. Big-nosed Pengie

Pepper?

Black, white or pink?

18. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Ahem...

...Everybody seated? Ok...

That shaky camera work. The forced dialogue and almost ambivalent set direction and lighting. The pathos-laded environmentals.

That, my friends, is a DOGma film!

I thank you.

19. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Disappointed

I was sooo looking forward to a vid of a dog being tasered.

Am I a cruel b'stard ??

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Whereas...

I was looking forward to a vid of a taser having no effect on a dog --- and I'm an animal-loving bastard.

Frankly, animal lover or no, I think that it too great forbearance, in that situation *not* to drive on regardless of harm to the dogs. Or maybe they just didn't want to spend the rest of the day getting bits of dog out of the car bodywork.

1. heyrick Silver badge

Or maybe...

With the bumper dealt with, the cop didn't want to wait to see if the door was equally as pathetically flimsy. After all, a dog may not know how to use a tin opener, but it's having a damned good try.

2. Ihre Papiere Bitte!!
      Thumb Down

@AC 00:12

"Am I a cruel b'stard ??"

I think the answer is an unequivocal YES.

20. Chad Larson

He's just playing

The black and white doggie tearing off the bumper cover has his tail up and wagging, his ears are forward. He's just playing, like tugging on a rope.

No "devil dog" here.

21. zanto
    Coat

it's obvious

that the cops car was "packing meat"

22. Fred Mbogo
    Heart

That was adorable

Those dogs meant no harm to the police officer. They probably thought they were playing. Their behavior did not indicate an intent to harm. Just playing, that's all.

23. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Thumb Down

what to do with an aggressive uncontrolled merkin hound

Hand it back to its owner.

24. John Tserkezis

Video of tasering, or it didn't happen.

Failing that, a playmobile re-construction of the Tasering will do.

25. gimbal
    Joke

Oh but what about the accomplice?

Did they give that dog* some good ol' community service, for that? I mean look at him, he's veritably cheering the assailant dog on.

I wonder how long it took 'em to finally get around to the tazer/spray work? and is there any counseling available, for "The dog ate my squad car".... A day of golf, and all's well?

This topic is closed for new posts.