back to article Brown's website as mad as he is

The Ten Downing Street website has a rather odd collection of meta-tags including entries for piercing, tattoos, Israel, Ada Lovelace and Sarah Brown. Ada Lovelace Day was yesterday so we can only assume they're keeping up to date at least. Presumably Number Ten techies also prefer Ada to some dull old Budget stuff which …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Graham Dresch

When

So when is Linda Lovelace Day ?

1. Natalie Gritpants
      Thumb Up

The title is required, and must contain letters and/or digits.

Every day is Linda Lovelace day.

2. Ben Rosenthal

sir bonar

twitter.com/sirbonar

it's stories like this that have me confused over the above, spoof or not?

On the one hand it keeps making total crackpot statements, on the other the old .gov types are being pretty damn crackpot IRL at the moment :/

3. TeeCee Gold badge
    Joke

"....but not Gordon Brown."

Gosh, I'd hate to be the web monkey responsible when he finds out. Those fax machines can leave a really nasty bruise.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

sigh

Okay i hate to be the one to point this out, the tags are generated due to WordPress being used... this is not manual

http://www.number10.gov.uk/Page22918

Which use piercings and tattoos for tags... which are pushed into the meta tags.

http://www.number10.gov.uk/Pagetag/tattoos

http://www.number10.gov.uk/Pagetag/piercing

I love how some poor web designer is probably going to get shit on over nothing because of this

Although it's a fairly old Wordpress install... so expect a "WEBSITE HACKED" story at some point in the future.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

re: sigh

Well done for the IT analysis. Almost as though this was an IT site ....

LOVE the way you've been voted down too. How dare you look at this logically !

5. censored

Will Google Take Kindly?

I thought Google de-listed sites who used metadata inappropriately to gain search hits for content that isn't actually there?

6. M Gale

You might want to try Google.

Alternatively, http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=tattoos+site:number10.gov.uk

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Why Sarah Brown?

Forgive me but I was under the impression the Labour Party voted for Gordon to be their leader and so, as they're currently in power, he becomes PM.

When, exactly, did Sarah Brown become a spokesperson for the Office of number Ten? She can blog all she likes, meet anyone she cares to and cohort with any number of disreputables for all I care - but she has no rights what so ever to be referred to as anything other than the PM's wife and certainly should not have links to her activities anywhere near '10.gov.uk.

Mind you, she's probably a damn sight more popular than her husband is or has ever been. Not that the populist agenda is something Comrade Brown follows. No, Sir.

/AC 'cause I've read 1984 and believe it to be a documentary.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Big Brother

Game has changed

We used to vote for a party, and their policies, who then voted for their leader who, if the party was in government became the PM.

This started to change about 30 years ago, when we started to look at how party leaders dressed (for example) over what their policies were. The death knell of the old system came with Blair and none of the current crop of "leaders" seem to want to change (nor could they to be fair).

Tory / Labour policies are so similar you would be hard pushed to identify one without being told which party had promoted it (try that with 1970s manifestos). Debates are a farce as, again, both sides will say anything they thing the public want to hear. The only parties in the UK which have actual political opinions are even worse (BNP for example).

As we gear up for the latest round of madness, the news shows us coverage of "SamCam" being pregnant - seriously who gives a fuck - vs Sarah Brown being all caring - ditto. Brown is regaled for his appearance and personal qualities, rather than his party politics and Cameron is so distrusting of his cabinet that he is spokesman on *every* bloody topic. When the Tories get in, will he even bother with a cabinet or just do lots of photoshoots of him smiling?

It is of no surprise to me that voters are apathetic. Can you blame them?

(and yes, I also feel that 1984 has turned into a guidbook, while Yes Minister is a documentary)

8. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

HRH for PM!

Jeremy Clarkson should be crowned King. It'd mean a wage cut but I think he could cope.

9. Neil Greatorex
    Happy

Prince Philip

"Insulting the locals"

Isn't that precisely what we pay him for?

1. John G Imrie
      Happy

Re: Prince Philip

Isn't that why the 'locals' invite him over?

10. Jon 48

idenity?

One of the keywords is 'idenity'. Is that how we're all saying it now?

11. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Jezza for PM? Gawd no!

Jeremy Clarkson's policies

- Smoking in public - NHS bills go up

- No HSE or high-visibility jackets - NHS bills go up

- No speed limits on motorways - you know where I'm going with this

JC is a controversialist and tosser - an entertaining tosser I will grant you - but I wouldn't trust him to organise anything more complicated than a dinner party.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

your the extremist here

Smoking in public - Wow freedom of choice .....

No HSE = less morons in the world

No speed limit on motorways = Good, having lived in germany i know what its like to drive on a motorway without a speed limit, People move the fuck over !!!!! unlike in this idiotic fucking land where the idiots sit in the middle and right hand lanes. and the only reason they do it, they are of the opinion they are entitled to because they are doing70

yes he is a controversialist but thats what makes him an Entertainer .....

let me say that again he is there to entertain us ....

12. Shady
    Paris Hilton

No "Britney Spears" keywords then?

or is that meme too yesteryear?

Surely Paris should be the new Britney in current SEO techniques.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

These are articles ?!

http://www.number10.gov.uk/Page22941

14. Yet Another Anonymous coward Silver badge

Smoking in public - NHS bills go up

Smoking is great for the NHS.

Smokers pay Brown-loads of tax (funny the swear filter seems to have replaced the word I was thinking of ? Although the substance is brown)

They don't need expensive treatment. Standard protocol for lung cancer = chemo doesn't work, you're stuffed, goodbye.

Smokers die in the 60s before they get to collect on pensions.

Us cyclists however, cost the NHS a fortune in surgery and physio when we fall off and we all live to be 90 cos we are so healthy ;-)

1. Anonymous Coward
      Thumb Up

The fix is obvious

Ban Cycling in Public Places!!!!!!!

It'll benefit the country in the following ways;

- You won't collect a pension for as long

- It'll save the NHS money as you won't be falling off

- Red Traffic lights might actually start to mean something again

- Fuel consumption will go down as we won't be stuck behind you

15. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Happy

The Queen twitters?

Who knew?

Does she have a Facebook account as well?

16. YumDogfood

Lets ban banning things.

Its Friday ok?

This topic is closed for new posts.