back to article Blighty gives Street View the bum's rush

It's Friday, and rapidly approaching pub o'clock, so no apologies for this week's last two offerings from the wonderful world of Street View: Google Moon, UK-style: Young lad moons Street View spymobile in Northern Ireland Two burger van customers moon spymobile in Milton Keynes Very silly. Those readers wishing to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. A. Coatsworth Silver badge
    Thumb Up

I salute you

From Loch Ness Stig to the Shetland welcome to the brave Mooners, I salute brave defenders o' the Islands you for letting Google knew what you think about them :)

1. Marky W
      Pint

Indeed

It brings a tear to the eye.

I haven't been so proud to be British since The Sun flew a RC chopper carrying a McDonalds meal round that twatdangling merkin.

1. Marvin the Martian
        Coffee/keyboard

Sniff.

Marky, you bring back sweet sweet memories.

2. Andy Livingstone

CMK - normal behaviour.

Don't know anything about Omagh, but the second picture is from Milton Keynes. I live there. You sure that was for Google's benefit as it looked like normal, every day behaviour?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

whats the bet

that the "yoofs" involved here throught the streetview car was a not so secret, secret police camera...

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Just imagine ...

... what Street View would be like if The Law stipulated that we should all be informed, in advance, when the raised-up-spy-camera-on-a-car would visit?

I suspect the Shetlands win so many "mentioned in dispatches" because they KNOW when the buggers got off the ferry.

For the rest of Blighty, think what we could do! I can think of lots of dodgy estates where the raised-up-spy-camera-on-a-car could be herded into, with the residents forewarned that a new police-mobile-cctv was on the way.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

Milton Keynes... Northern Ireland...

Yup, that makes sense.

6. Jon Axtell
    Go

Paris Gigapixel

A different kind of streetview available here - http://www.paris-26-gigapixels.com/index-en.html

Look for the ten (numbered) easter eggs plus the gun.

#1 Kolor logo

#2 Beaver

#3 Green Clock pi symbol

#4 Green frog playing guitar

#5 Traffic Light with 3 red lights

#6 Giant Turtle on a roof

#7 Graffiti of 10 people

#8 Kolor.com license plate.

#9 Kolor.com cheese

#10 2 UFOs

7. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

googleperv?

Are we sure this is not just google driving around trying to find men's bottoms to photograph?

8. max allan
    Go

3.14 pi

On the Paris image, number 3, the green pi :

It's over on the far right hand side near the bottom, there is a street going away from the camera. Zoom in on the first junction.

Nice geek joke. I wonder if the clock really shows the pi at 3:14....

9. wv9e

If I see that Google spy car.....

They'll get an eye full ..... I'm so glad any criminal w/ a computer can find your house..... I sleep so much better now.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like