back to article Incredible Hulk snared on Street View

Even comic book superheroes need to chill out from time to time, and it appears that the Shetland Island's Pierhead Restaurant & Bar is where they let their hair down, along with the Mafia and giant white mice*: The Incredible Hulk and others caught on Street View Man in giant white rabbit costume on Street View We're …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Cowherder

It's a chip

That isn't far from the sea front and it looks like a chip to me.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Linux

re: chip

I don't think you realise how big those gulls are, if one takes an interest in your lunch you'd be well advised to offer to go get it some ketchup. I'd go with spring roll or battered sausage.

2. Allan George Dyer
      Coat

Far more important -

What type of gull is it?

I'd have to say a black-headed gull in winter plumage, very common on the South Coast.

Mine's the one with the binoculars

1. Spot the Cat
        Pirate

No sir!

It's a herring gull, big vicious bastard, have your hand off given half a chance, so that's probably a Tesco large wholemeal unsliced it's got there, if not a small child.

2. David Robinson 1

Oh crumbs!

He's not a rabbit, he's the greatest secret agent in the world.

3. paulf
    Welcome

Superheroes?

I, for one, welcome our new Fathers For Justice enclave and secret mission control bunker in the Shetland Islands.

Its good to know they can let their hair down every so often in between clambering on motorway gantries and Buckingham Palace.....

4. Yorkshirepudding
    Pint

Raaaar

HULK SMASHED?

5. The Original Ash
    FAIL

That's not a rabbit!

That's Danger Mouse, you pillock! Check the red belt! http://www.retroland.com/retrotalk/userfiles/Danger-Mouse-Posters.jpg

6. Sureo
    Coffee/keyboard

Gulls

Gulls here on the north shore of lake Ontario fly many kms inland during the day. I don't know why but it probably has to do with finding food. They're certainly not fussy, they pick up nearly anything you toss at them and discard it if its not to their taste. They will also poop on your head given the opportunity, so the googlecam(wo)man better watch out.

1. ravenviz Silver badge

Re: Gulls

Feed them boiling hot chips straight out of the fat, always a laugh!

7. frizzgrig
    FAIL

No Incredible Hulk in the pics

There are several comic book characters there, but no big green men

1. Chris Hunt
      FAIL

Look again

First picture, left foreground, big green man in jeans and white top.

2. Chris Miller
      Happy

He's there

He's just not angry enough.

3. Ihre Papiere Bitte!!

Hulk Shrunk...

But he's there on the first photo in the group of 3, next to Ghost Rider, whose head seems to be coming off.

1. Thecowking

Ghost rider?

Isn't it Lobo?

I know he's from the hated DC instead of Marvel, but still.

1. Ihre Papiere Bitte!!

Pretty Sure

I reckon it's GR, if you look closely, the mask is a skull with some orange stuff round it. And he's definitely wearing bike leathers. Think he's just lifted his mask up so he can have his pint.

Doesn't Lobo look like Wolverine without the claws?

(nothing wrong with DC. I grew up on Green Lantern stories)

4. Captain TickTock
      Pint

Should have gone to SpecSavers

he's next to the guy with bright orange hair in both pics...

Other opticians are available, like beer goggles

8. hplasm
    Alert

It's a car.

That gull is enormous. Run.

1. joekid90
      Thumb Up

Its an invasion

If you pan the image slightly left and up you will clearly see a portal to another galaxy and the start of the invasion by 2 more giant Seagulls entering the earth's atmosphere.

9. Simon_E

$TITLE

It looks more like a sausage to me. (Y'know, one of those odd-coloured chip shop ones.)

1. David 45

Sausage?

Saveloy to you, sir!

10. Anonymous Cowherder

I can see a hulk

Big green fella next to the one wiht orange hair. I wouldn't like him when he's angry.

11. The Fuzzy Wotnot
    Pint

OK

1) Who's the wally dressed in black with the day-glow orange wig, looks like he's doing a very poor impression of Iron Maiden's Eddie the Ed?

2) What's that Wally doing wearing a tin-foil hat in the second shot?

12. Rob Clive
    FAIL

Security Cover

if you're looking for strange things try here:

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Swindon,+Wiltshire,+United+Kingdom&ll=52.535542,-1.930847&spn=0,359.858894&z=13&layer=c&cbll=52.538563,-1.933305&panoid=cGS_bf566ByCWuu7jZNkJQ&cbp=12,48.24,,0,5

Someone forgot to take the cover off - or maybe they were PAID to keep them on! Who knows...

13. Anonymous Bastard
    Thumb Up

Re: "internetosphere"

Hurrah! I get to cross another off my score card.

http://xkcd.com/181/

1. Anonymous Coward
      Thumb Up

Oooh

I'm gonna use "World Wide Tubes" henceforth.

14. MeRp

I can accept...

Danger Mouse and Two-Face and The Hulk all being in Shetland for whatever business may be taking them there... but what the hell is Captain America doing there; he's supposed to be in the US protecting it from villains and Nazis, the lay about bastard!

15. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Title?

Danger Mouse, now there's a blast from the past

16. Bilgepipe
    Thumb Up

Impressive

I'm impressed that Google's face-detection and blurring tech managed to identify and anonymise the hulk even though his skin is green.

1. Baskitcaise

But Why..

did they blur the fellows elbow in pic 2?

17. Anonymous Coward
    Black Helicopters

Brighton Police Station

Presumably the seagull is simply an advanced form of Google Pixelation to obscure information which may be of use to terrorists.

We can only guess what the pliars/cutters were intended to obscure.

18. Daniel 1

Mafia?

As a spokesperson for the 'League of Elderly Cartoon Watchers', I'd like to add my speculation, that the tribly-wearers are meant to be the Ant Hill Mob.

1. Ihre Papiere Bitte!!

So where..

is Penelope Pitstop? HAY-ULP! HAY-ULP!

19. jake Silver badge

Clearly ...

The gull is returning the linesman's pliers ...

20. Steve Roper
    Joke

Google's face-blurring algorithm failed

The seagull's face is not blurred, and anyone can recognise him in the act of making off with someone's lunch. Watch this space for "Irate seagull sues Google for Street View food-theft bust"...

21. Pete Bogg
    Thumb Up

Shameless plug for a deserving friend

I wish I were standing next to any one of those superheroes, not least because I think they'd all buy me a pint. No, I wish I were there, rather than across the pond in Boston, Mass. because they look like my kind of people. It seems it takes more than simple courage and determination to make a life in Shetland. It also takes what's on ample display in this photo-wit, intelligence, and what the French call joie de vivre. And I knew this even before seeing this picture because I read Ronnie McMillan's fine book "Between Weathers." And if YOU haven't read it, you should, even if you DO live in Shetland. Vivre le Shetland. How's that, boyo?

22. norman

The gull

The gull is carrying a baguette, he is on the way to the LHC.

23. Not The Hulk

Not the Ant Hill Mob

I was there and I can confirm that the trilby wearers are not the Ant Hill Mob. They were a group of women who were on a hen night dressed as gangsters molls. They were not with the Superheroes and Villains and just happened to be in the same pub. To Chris Miller who said the Hulk wasn't angry enough...he should have seen the Hulk in the pub before this one! We were thrown out as the Hulk jumped on a pool table and punched a hole in the ceiling in a rage...if anything the Hulk was too angry!!

24. Jason Yau
    Alien

I for one

welcome our giant winged overlords

25. transientcylon
    Coat

Danger Mouse

Indeed a blast form the past (20 or so years... ouch). When did cartoons all turn into b-grade anime? I miss REAL cartoons. Mine would be the one with the ACME anvil in it.

26. Craigness

New costume

Now I know why I get strange looks when I'm out in my Dangermouse costume. People think I'm dressed up as any old "giant white mouse"!

A few alterations would make it a Pinky costume, but I might try Earthworm Jim instead.

27. night shift
    Coat

its a fish plank

I have no life so I took the liberty of zooming in as close as I could on a 42'' plasma tv and staring at it. The sky rat made off with a fried fish.

wait....

THATS NOT A BIRD!! ITS A SPACE STATION!!!!!!!

I'll be ging now. Mine's the one with the vader helmet embroidered on it

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like