back to article Reality star Pratt shuns showbiz to be cybercrime superhero

A star from the The Hills reality show has announced his supposed intention to take a break from his lucrative TV career in order to fight cybercrime. Spencer Pratt, who recently appeared with drastically-enhanced wife and Hills co-star Heidi Montag in the US version of I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here!, reportedly hopes to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

doomed to fail

1) His name is Pratt

2) He is American

3) He looks like Vaniila Ice's red headed step child.

Fail because it is

2. Chris Miller
    Go

Showbiz & security

Not forgetting Hedy Lamarr who co-invented the use of spread spectrum techniques to make radio-guided torpedoes harder for enemies to detect or jam.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hedy_Lamarr#Frequency-hopping_spread-spectrum_invention

1. Euchrid

Another celeb involved in tech

The rather good English actor, Reginald Denny was behind the first large-scale production of unmanned aerial vehicles – one customer was the US military. A certain Norma Jeane was spotted by a photographer whilst she was working at a manufacturing plant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OQ-2_Radioplane

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Better yet Hedy here:

http://www.doctormacro.com/Images/Lamarr,%20Hedy/Annex/Annex%20-%20Lamarr,%20Hedy%20%28Strange%20Woman,%20The%29_03.jpg

Any geekettes out there who look like Hedy Lamarr get back to me!

<btw - like she did then, not like she would now>

3. Stone Fox

a couple of old sayings

Fools rush in where angels fear to tread.

Out of the mouth of fools comes foolishness.

4. jake Silver badge

Prats are prats.

That's the cold, harsh reality. You can try to encrypt it all you like, with whatever waffling you choose, but it won't affect the fact that you are a prat.

5. Sipos

Pratt?

Name says it all

6. Sooty

nice to know

that the US version of "I'm a celebrity" has as lax a definition of 'celebrity' as the UK version.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Pratt...

...as per all the previous and forthcoming comments ;) Says it all.

8. Ian Michael Gumby
    FAIL

Funny.

Some of the smartest wonks I went to school with were Philosophy majors who were working on AI.

But I think that was an exception.

Not so sure about Pratt though. He actually made money from not having any talent. I doubt anyone here can claim that. However, getting paid to play the role of Zippy the Pinhead and doing cyber security? Two different things entirely.

If you think about it, Pratt doesn't provide cred, but 'flash' to get the cash.

And for that, he'll make some money out of this.

BTW, not all in Hollywood are morons. Wood went to MIT and didn't graduate because he didn't take a PE class. Aston Kutcher ?sp? made a fortune and married a MILF.

But a FAIL none the less.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like