back to article Man gets 30 months in prison for taping nude sportscaster

A Chicago-area man was sentenced to two-and-a-half years in prison for secretly taking videos of America's sexiest sportscaster in the nude and then posting them online. Michael David Barrett, 49, was also ordered to pay $7,366 in restitution to Erin Andrews, the ESPN bombshell he stalked over an 18-month period starting in …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Goat Jam
    Joke

30 Months in a cell?

I hope he gets to keep a copy of the tape then!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Joke

Probably not

But with a little luck he gets to impersonate her, for the viewing pleasure of his new friends.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

He paid for it.

He should get to sell it now...

1. Marvin the Martian
      Paris Hilton

I'm wondering about the logistics

So explain please

(1) How do you get an adjacent room 2 our of 3 times, without a clear reason (like travelling together). "I'm her agent" shouldn't work if you book and pay on totally different dates.

(2) When I'm in my hotel room, the fraction of time I'm naked in front of the peephole is quasi nil. Maybe the odd passage between shower and bed, yes, but the beds most certainly aren't in view of the door. So how many hours as the guy been standing at the door, taping? What about witnesses?

I think we need to be told. All in all there must be some talent/intelligence involved here, and hours of persevering work. Maybe not enough to deserve to sell it as you suggest... But it would be interesting info, to avoid similar stuff happening.

/Paris 'cos confused + hotel

3. Steve Evans

I'm shocked...

...that an American court actually set a fine which is sensible and able to be paid by the offender!

4. sT0rNG b4R3 duRiD

eeer....

So... these umm.. videos... dispicable...downright degrading..hmm...hoo.... dispicable... ummm.. soo....

err.. I CAN HAZ??? PLS?

1. NogginTheNog
      WTF?

Erm... NO!

If you can't distinguish between nekkid pictures of people who consent for your pleasure, and someone who's had their personal privacy grossly invaded, then you deserve a spell in a cell yourself.

The freak STALKED the woman to a number of locations, and arranged spy cameras - this was totally planned and pre-meditated! That *IS* one creepy guy...

1. Anonymous Coward
        FAIL

Re: Erm... NO!

One creepy guy amongst countless others...

Pissing in an ocean of piss, etc...

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Title goes somewhere steamy

Is this "sexiest sportscaaster" in the hollywood sense (smile that cuts her face in two, false tits and totally unobtainable or approachable) or "sexiest sportscaster" in the Vegas sense (films on the net, too many blow jobs)...the paris thing?

For me, sexy would be Gaby Logan after several pints of black and tan in a little pub just off the Stirling Castle approach, not sitting in a doc's somewhere with an STD caught from a misplaced bj.

1. noroimusha
      FAIL

hot or maybe not

she is not really hot, you can scare children with that nose.....

2. Anonymous Coward
      Heart

Gabby Logan

I heard she was sitting in Nicky Tam's right now... go for it!

6. LateNightLarry
    Grenade

30 Months in a cell?

Give him a tape of Rosanne ...

He'd probably be glad to pull the pin... not throw it, just pull the pin

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Pull the pin?

Is that a new euphemism?

7. LuMan
    Paris Hilton

Pictures??

Pictures (and/or video) or it didn't happen!

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

He got off lightly

that footage was atrocious, you could barely see anything

9. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

No such thing..

Never heard of her until now!

Seriously, I'm sure it was very disturbing and will make her more nervous in future, but you can't buy "good" publicity can you?!

OK, I've gone too far...

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Just imagine...

...what kind of sentence the guys who run Naked News would get on that basis. It would probably be measured in millennia not years.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Photo's or...

it didnt happen ;)

Paris cos she knows all about hotel rooms...

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

335,000?! She needs ...

to get over herself.... seems like it's more about the money than `all the damage` having someone take sneaky pictures of her butt has done... poor love... how does she sleep at night being adored and lusted over. Doesn't seem to scare her away from the public eye though does it....

not a lot of sympathy here, as you may be picking up on...

13. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Pics or...

GTFO!

14. This post has been deleted by its author

15. Bucky 2
    Unhappy

Aw, shucks

Here I thought "sexiest sportscaster" was going to be a MAN, baby.

What a disappointment.

16. Frostbite
    FAIL

Ruff

Bombshell ? She's a dog

1. kissingthecarpet

Re:Ruff

I went to school with a bloke like you - any woman short of "perfect" (whatever that means) was denounced as a "pig" or "dog" (& regardless of looks would always refer to them as "that" or "it").

The funny thing was, he was fat, spotty, greasy with a horribly obnoxious personality. In the 15 years I knew him, he never came close to kissing anyone, let alone have a girlfriend or any sex.

Of course, you're not at all like that are you? I'm sure you have to go out in disguise to avoid the mobs of beautiful women hunting for you. Grow up FFS

This topic is closed for new posts.