back to article Carly Fiorina downs sinister Democrat hot air balloon

The team driving Carly Fiorina's bid to become Republican senator for California is apparently still relying heavily on mind-altering substances during its campaign brainstorming sessions, if this pop at Democrat incumbent Barbara Boxer is anything to go by: Fans of Fiorina will recall that there was more than a trace of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Fox taking over the Republicans again

Carly Fiorina, is a Business Commentator on the Fox Business Network.

Again, notice that Fox News is trying to take over the Republican party (I assume to make it more extreme right). They employed Carl Rove, then Cheney started making guest appearances, they employed Sarah Palin, now Carly Fiorina their Business Commentator is trying to run California.

Note also that they've rounded on the middle ground Republicans, here's an attack on a New York Republican candidate.

http://www.politicususa.com/en/Scozzafava-FNC

Of course there's the Obama attacks, trying to make America fail under a Democrat to cause a swing to the right.

So this is just more of the same Murdoch via Fox trying to grab control of the Republican party.

2. LPF

Am I missing something??

Are you trying to suggest she achieved it some other way?? pretty low blow ,,, so to speak :(

3. AlistairJ
    WTF?

I'll have what she's having

As long as I don't have to put up with USA corp. bovine waste product for decades just to get there.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

re: I'll have what she's having

No, I don't think you really want any of that.

However, Carly's new 'do and "Sharing her Vision(s)" with us could mean she's secretly on one of Dr. Timothy Leary's oncology protocols.

Or not. Could be a just an ordinary drug habit. You never can tell with some of these left-coasters.

AC for obvious reasoners.

4. ScubaTech

Errr Excuse me?

Well, I know a few people at HP that have a slightly different take on her time there.

Does Ridley Scott get royalties (or at least an apology) for the Blade-Runner rip-off?

Does anyone else think she now looks a little like Servilan?

(or does anyone actually remember Blakes Seven?)

1. Anonymous Coward
      Coat

Ahhh... Blake's Seven

Yes I do and yes she does. As an 10 year old kid she always did funny things to me when I watched it.... ooops! too much information!

1. sandman

Don't worry

I was a bit older and she did funny things to me too ;-)

2. Anonymous Coward
      Thumb Up

Servalan!

It's an excellent comparison, except that Servalan never ran any giant tech corporations into the ground.

5. Hud Dunlap
    FAIL

she is just proof the Republicans don't get it

The Republicans keep thinking they are getting big gains in the next election. There are a lot of people like me who want Boxer gone. But replacing her with Carly Fiorina is jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire.

1. Captain Save-a-ho
      WTF?

So if the Republicans don't get it...

the Democrats or Liberatarians do? Wake up, dude. Politics sucks ass, regardless of party. The names may change, but this game has been played for the entirety of human history (at least as long as people have tried to organize into groups).

6. Juan Inamillion
    Coat

All bow to the New Leader

Servilan! Yes you're right! I was one of the multitude who lusted after her...

/very old coat

7. ian 22

Wearing nothing but a smile?

Did I imagine that?

Playmobil, please!

8. disgruntled yank

this is California, after all

Have a look at what was trotted out to defeat Upton Sinclair in his run for governor about 80 years ago.

9. JeffyPooh
    Pirate

Because of her...

I *still* have a personal ban on purchasing anything from HP.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Should not have portrayed Boxer as a hot air balloon

Instead she should have portrayed Boxer as a horror movie monster. Boxer is the worst human being in the Senate. She is beyond arrogant. She makes Chuck Schumer seem warn and cuddly. A wino from Market Street would be better than Boxer.

What is it with San Francisco voters? Boxer and Pelosi? Pelosi is dumb as a post.

As for those HP types who hate Carly and cheered the day Hurd came along, how are you liking those pay cuts?

1. Matthew Barker
      WTF?

Huh?

So because Hurd was worse than Carly, they should be grateful for what she did to the company?

They're cut from the same cloth.

The ads are completely irrelevant hatchet jobs. She's making unsupported and questionable statements about someone else in preference to details about what she would do better. It's one of the most preposterous ways I've ever seen to get a job - and, yes, I realize she's not alone in it – she's completely unoriginal in the stupidity she's displaying.

Based on these ads alone, I would sure as hell vote against Carly.

11. gimbal
    Pint

Hey, I'm from that state!

and wowwwww, mannn, they are on some trippy stuff, out there. Far out, man! Rock on, Carly Simon for Congress!

12. Charles Manning

Carlify California?

HP and Compaq, once a respectable companies, got Carlified and screwed into a coma. That should have been enough to satisfy a lifetime of destructive urges.

But now she wants to screw up the whole of California. I wonder how she'll do that? Perhaps merge California with Mexico then screw them both up.

1. Anonymous Coward
      WTF?

Clarification

If you merge California with Mexico, there will be no border.

This will make the US very competitive because the average cost per hour of employees will radically reduce - except in Law and Medicine which are "protected" professions. There will be no need for outsourcing to India. When people say "North Amercia" and they mean the USA they will now be technically correct.

So, in summary, she could save the USA just like she did Compaq / HP.

GOP all the way, they're back on track... where is my nearest Tea Party ?

13. ScubaTech
    Coffee/keyboard

HP before....

And I remember when HP made fine measurement instrumentation and ran computers as a side line.. Now the instrumentation side has been hived off as Agilent (check the anagram - it took 30 secs for someone to work it out at the name launch) and that fine old company makes it's money out of printer ink..

14. JayB
    Badgers

Wow...

... I mean ... wow... and I thought our party political broadcasts were sodding awful.

This chick shredded the hell out of HP (I used to have a bunch of ex HP colleagues and they had nothing polite to say about her), she's widely regarded as the Angel of Death in tech circles and now she's employing dubious, 2nd rate "production artists" to put together shocklingly bad ads of dubious truth????? With seriously lousy actors....

I want they're all smoking.... just not quite so much and not quite as often!

15. Anonymous Coward
    Welcome

Thanks for the nickelodeon feed!

It was nice of you guys to show two episodes of iCarly that I haven't seen before. It's always 'I' when it comes to her, isn't it?

16. Phil Koenig
    FAIL

Carly disaster

It's a shame that the people in the tech business at the time of Fiorina's reign at HP don't comprise a higher proportion of the voter base, because if they did, she wouldn't have a solidified block of water's chance in that hot place of winning anything.

Here's a detailed, highly-footnoted business analysis of her FAIL-tenure at HP:

http://www.entrepreneur.com/tradejournals/article/187962046_1.html

This topic is closed for new posts.