back to article Currys claims 3D TV 'first'

DSG chain Currys was today keen to tell World+Dog that it not only has "the first 3D TV in the UK" at on of its biggest shops, but that it's the "only" chain taking orders. Taking orders, yes, but handing out product, no. And Currys didn't say when ordered tellies, transmitters and glasses will ship. Not that we anticipate …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

so how much 3D content is available?

... and of what quality?

Are there 3D broadcasts of sports events planned?

3D Music Concerts?

Early adopters beware ... you'll get fleeced!

Probably best to see how movie theaters fair with 3D content first - give it another 12 to 24 months - then decide.

2. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Of course, you'll want the extended warranty on that...

Yeah - remember this is Curry's... They'll tell you how wonderful these things are, then when you actually try to buy one, they'll tell you that they're wonderful EXCEPT that they usually break down the day after the manufacturer warranty expires...

So that'll be another grand for an extended warranty, sir...

3. Dr Patrick J R Harkin

I was worried about conflicting standards for 3D TV

This is expensive kit and you don't want to be the early adopter who chooses unwisely...

But then I simply poked out one eye, and now it doesn't matter anymore.

4. Eku

£100 glasses a 'gift'

Or you could go watch a 3D film at the cinima for £6.50 and keep the 3D glasses.

A £100 quid for polorized glasses.

Line em up, they can see us coming.

1. Dr Patrick J R Harkin

@Eku

I don't think the 100 quid glasses are "polarised" like the cinema glasses. They're active shutter glasses, which go opaque/clear in synchrony with the TV, which shows each eyes image alternately, unlike the cinema system where each image is show simultaneously. That's why you have to buy a transmitter as well as the glasses!

5. TMEworld

When will hype meet reality?

Please visit this url http://www.v3.co.uk/v3/video/2259292/samsung-talks-3d-tv

What do you make of their marketing vision; I live in the Thames Valley and can only receive half the Freeview SD channel line-up, my mate lives in Suffolk and his broadband tops out at ½Mbit so reality seems far from the hype. The 3D glasses are not a good look either.

Do I sense integrated obsolesce; the cost of being an early adopter is going to disappointment as well as in the pocket

6. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

HuH?

Yet another reason to keep away from the country's worst retailer.................

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like