back to article Hold onto your pants it's iPad pre-order day

Apple's US online store is currently being updated, ahead of opening for pre-orders of iPads. Lucky US punters can sign up to pre-order the giant Jesusphones from 5.30AM Pacific Time. The actual device should be ready for collection from retail stores on 3 April - although a legal disclaimer on the site warns it still has to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Pricing, and pre-order policy, for the rest of the world has yet to be announced

I'll announce it on Apple's behalf:

In the UK we can pre-order them in June (2015) for ten billion pounds.

There.

2. Chris Miller
    Coat

Bet I'm not the first to say

3rd April - isn't that a couple of days late?

The one with the extra large, reinforced pockets, please.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

No comments yet?

...but it's only a matter of time before there are commentards ranting on about how they don't want one.

(Sorry, did I say "commentards"? Replace "commen" with "re" for a more accurate description)

4. Yasser Nabi
    Paris Hilton

Pants! Pants! Pants!

Being in the underwear business around new Apple launches would be pretty profitable..

Paris... Cos she doesn't need underwear.

5. My Alter Ego

Hands up those ...

who are looking forward to the nauseating scenes of Apple Store drones applauding those willing to part with their money in exchange for one of those things.

I've no comment on the actual device, just the pathetic scenes of people buying said company's products.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

It's gonna get very boring very quickly

But I still plan to shout HELLO ! I'M ON THE PHONE Dom Jolly style everytime I see someone using one.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

re: no posts yet

commentards you say ? Replacing "comment" with "re"

I see what you did there - you associated not wanting an ipad with a learning disability.

Your biting wit is bound to stop anyone saying anything you don't want to hear.

Comic. Genius.

(sorry did I say comic genius ? I meant of course ********ing ***er)

8. Trevor Pott o_O Gold badge

It's a great first attempt.

Now I just need one with an OQO-style slide out keyboard, the ability to make phone calls via bluetooth handset, USB ports, better resolution screen a removable battery and a more open OS. (Full-blown OSX, Windows, Linux or even Android would be fine.) The size of the iPad is about right, capacitive multitouch is grand, and things like wifi and 3G integrated directly into the device are starting to get it right. It's be worth a few hundred dollar premium to get all of that in one go, and it would be exactly what I have been wanting for over a decade.

Despite coming from Apple, it’s quite shockingly a fantastic first-generation device. They got is so very nearly right, it makes me wonder if they won’t just get it all right for the second go-round.

The fact that Apple's got these things almost on the streets means that the rest of the world will scramble to copy it. A couple of years on, and other manufacturers will improve upon it, fixing the various design flaws and purposeful omissions to help their variants appeal to people like me who held off from buying the original.

The day is finally coming when I can have my dream all-in-one. Muahahahahahahahha!

9. Tim Cook

Ho hum.

I don't really want one. It will sell millions and be much loved by those people who do want one.

See, those two concepts can go together.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Pint

Couldn't agree more...

Have a beer!

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Pre-order y'say?

Putting in an order before simply ordering.

Or, in other words, ordering an order?

Down with this sort of thing.

1. Ted
      Boffin

The reason is...

You need to order before the ship date because there is only going to be 700,000 available for the first month, so unless you reserve or get a pre-order in place, you could be empty handed.

2. Merchman

re: Pre-order y'say?

Careful now!

11. h 6
    Thumb Up

I bet

I bet a lot of people's minds will change once they actually spend some time with the device.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I wouldn't bet on it...

Sadly, those that "don't see the point" may, but the"it's just a big iPod" crowd will always find a strawman and get all foamy at the mouth over it.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

re: I bet

Indeed. That's my response to anyone criticizing my inflatable Jenna Jameson.

Still gets me stupid looks when I start using it on the train though,

12. Winkypop Silver badge
    FAIL

No multi-tasking

No, none.

13. cdtplug
    Jobs Horns

WTF

$850 for the 64gb version, how stupid and blind do you have to be to part with something that does not have a practical use other than showing how much of a mug you are

1. kwikbreaks

Ah but...

you must admit it does an excellent job of that. Plus of course it is shiny....

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like