back to article NY chef offers mam cheese canapes

A New York chef is offering samples of cheese made from his wife's breast milk with the promise that it's "100 per cent organic, free range and foie gras fed". Lori Mason, wife of Klee Brasserie host Daniel Angerer, is now encouraging her husband to use her mam product to make gelato. But NYC health officials are trying to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Move on, nothing to read here

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/2976181/Swiss-restaurant-to-serve-meals-cooked-with-human-breast-milk.html

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/01/30/1043804416757.html

http://www.nowpublic.com/strange/peta-wants-ben-jerrys-make-breast-milk-ice-cream

I also remember a comedian on the radio who related the (true) story of a neighbour who brought him a rice pudding made with leftover breast milk.

1. LinkOfHyrule

I remember that puding

I remember that pudding, I didn't eat it, I just remember hearing someone on the radio talking about it. In fact I used to listen to James Whale on the radio as a kid and breast milk and related 'food stuffs' were a common topic of discussion. I'm sure I even remember hearing about a chef in NY making his wives breast milk into cheese... what a coincidence!

2. Richard IV
    Coat

Is this...?

Anger at Angerer's Dare Lori slices?

3. S Larti
    Coat

the combination of sex and cheese?

They ca' mam bear it!

4. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Let me be the first to say

"the combination of sex and cheese"

Yum! Is there any whipped cream with that?

5. Stone Fox
    Thumb Down

eeeeeewwwwww......

Wrong. Just plain wrong.

1. Jimmy Floyd
      Joke

Really?

Actually I'm fairly certain that's what breasts are for.

Or, as I remember reading somewhere, they're like train sets. Intended for children but generally Dad plays with them all the time.

2. SirTainleyBarking
      WTF?

Only if

The chef has made it into a nice stilton or Danish Blue

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

@Stone Fox

Yep, it's much more *natural* to have cheese made from the breast milk of ruminants.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

I would reccomend that you dont order the Champagne

I would reccomend that you dont order the Champagne and any form of chocolate covered desert. Though the placenta pie if fantastic though orders do have to be placed 9 months in advance apparently.

7. Rufus Nice
    Terminator

Call it what it is, and be done with it: breast milk cheese

This is just typical. All we hear about is breast milk cheese. Whatever faults Daniel Angerer might have, at least he's someone who's actually done something significant, unlike a lot of the people criticizing him. Stupidity reigns supreme in New York Post circles once again. Wake up! You are programmed!

8. Raumkraut
    Paris Hilton

Did someone say "sex"?

What exactly about breasts and breast-milk is related to sex? (Fetishes aside, as otherwise *everything* would be related to sex)

1. Anomalous Cowherd Silver badge

Yes, sex

"What about breasts is related to sex?"

Do you by any chance wear socks to bed?

9. Adam 10
    Thumb Up

Gelato?

Surely you mean "ice-cream", or is the Italian word more familiar to New Yorkers than the English? (I'm thinking zucchini vs courgette, for starters)

It doesn't exist until they can show us pictures though...

Put me down for a chocolate shake.

1. JShel

Its special!

This is an upscale joint, ice cream won't do. Besides calling it gelato allows you to double the price...duh!

2. Vladimir Plouzhnikov

Etymology

Is courgette and English word then? :-)

1. Rattus Rattus

re: Etymology of courgette

"Is courgette and English word then?"

Of course it is, it was rightfully stolen from the French years ago. Spoils of war and all that.

10. Andrew Moore
    Badgers

Ah, the septics...

...confusing breastfeeding with sex again.

1. Rufus Nice
      Terminator

I'm with septics on this one.

You really can't be serious. This is now getting ridiculous. How much confusing breastfeeding with sex is needed to do anything these days? I'm with septics on this one. Is this really all people can think about anymore?

11. Sordid Details
    Alert

Cheese platter anyone?

Hopefully it doesn't include his knob cheese....

1. Anonymous Coward
      Thumb Down

Too far...

too far...too far...*shudder*

12. Captain Hogwash

prime ingredient is "not intended for adults or wide public consumption"

Won't somebody please think of the adults?!

13. ShadowedOne

Scary, just...scary..

Has anyone read the comments, posted about this story, in the New York Post? (See title)

As for the cheese, I'd give it a try, can't see as how it'd be much different than the cow's milk version.

14. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"not intended for adults or wide public consumption"

He just needs to get it pasteurised...

15. mafro
    Stop

Cooking With Cum

http://www.lulu.com/content/4956212

16. Toastan Buttar
    Paris Hilton

@ Adam 10

"Put me down for a chocolate shake".

Would you like that served in one cup ?

Paris, cos she's one girl.

17. Joseph Eoff
    Thumb Down

No taste...

"It tastes like cows milk cheese, kind of sweet," he told the Post, adding that the flavour depends on what it's served with. His recommendation is a Riesling.

If he recommends a Riesling, then he's got no taste buds at all so there's no point in listening to his opinions on anything food related.

18. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Happy

Heard of this before

Saw it on a documentary of unusual foods and what they can be made into. When tried it was commented that human breast milk cheese is *very* sweet by comparison with various more common varieties.

I hate to be a kill joy but I've a nasty feeling public health will complain that it's not pasturised and could act as a growth medium for dangerous (in some cases lethal) bacteria.

Now while some suppliers do use un-pasturised milk for their dairy products AFAIK they have fought an uphill battle to *prove* their plant is antiseptic and kept that way.

BTW A cow IIRC can produce 4litres per session. I doubt *any* human female could do that. Better place those orders *well* in advance.

19. Shady
    Paris Hilton

Could be worse...

...might be knob cheese

Paris.... too many jokes.....

20. Bobster
    Coat

Hmmm...

Bears a whole new mean to the word "titsup" doesn't it?

This topic is closed for new posts.