back to article Mozilla Jetpack flies out of laboratory into loving arms of Firefox

Mozilla has promoted its web extensions prototype package - Jetpack - by pushing it upstairs and readying it for production with its Firefox browser. The outfit said yesterday that it had created the first release of a software development kit (SDK) for Jetpack to show off the platform's "foundations and extensibility". …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Semanticist
    FAIL

Ripped off design.

They apparently ripped off the design from MetaLab, after deciding not to hire them for it:

http://blog.metalabdesign.com/post/437932602/metalab-goes-open-source

1. Atli
      Stop

Relax!..

Did you read the update at the bottom?

Mozilla was considering buying their designs so they used them in their development builds (which include public developmental stuff, it being open-source and all). New builds will, however, replace them with original designs from Mozilla.

We all do it. I mean; I've used logos and graphics from random websites during development of my websites, and replaced them only shortly before release. (I sometimes even use the Google logo directly from their website as a header placeholder :P) - Mozilla just has the "disadvantage" of being open-source, and thus a lot more public in their development than most of us are.

2. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

@Semanticist

And that's a fail because...?

Shock horror!!! Porsche release a new car that looks like a Ferrari after not hiring Ferrari developers!

Shock horror! Microsoft release a GUI that looks like Mac OS after not hiring Apple devs!!!

Need I continue, or do you get the frigging point?

Only thing that fails around here is you, my friend.

1. Citizen Kaned

nope its you....

its not like they went, "oh thats a nice body shape" (car analogy) they copy and pasted it. thats a very different thing. i would expect better from mozilla but i find its just as unreliable as IE. every firefox ive used has some bugs that make it maybe more secure but just as unreliable as IE.

This topic is closed for new posts.