back to article 3PAR tiering faster than FAST

Faster than EMC's FAST: you can order 3PAR's automatic data moving across storage tiers software right now. 3PAR is also adding solid state storage to its arrays. FAST is EMC's Fully-Automated Tiering Technology, and it moves data at the logical unit (LUN) level from one type of storage to another. For example, from Fibre …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Kim Sinclair
    FAIL

Bill Clinton and the definition of "it"

"Up until now 3PAR, which competes with EMC for high-end storage"....

I believe you are using the word "competes" to describe 3par like EMC also lives on planet earth and makes storage arrays because that is about as close as I have ever seen 3par "compete" for Tier 1 storage.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Have you seen the 3par boxes???

They look like Early Learning Centre "My First LIttle Array" and they behave like them under load too.

Great for POCs and benchmarks but their performance degrades horribly when real load starts.

1. Adam 69

Yes I have

wow - EMC employess posting FUD anonymously , very unusual

A bit like EMC submitting to third party benchmarks or allowing end users to publish their test results - oh wait that is not unusual that is non existent , to the point EMC will take legal action(ask Netapp).

I think you have confused the two products - EMC is the one that struggles under load thats why they dont allow benchmarking.

Whats wrong little one - do you miss the early learning centre , as it sounds as if you should go back there and leave enterprise storage to the big children

3. Adam 69

performance??and EMC in the same sentence

I have several customers who saw similar performance during benchmarks even though the ease of use and features of 3PAR were far superior , when going into production however - I have real cases where the 3PAR blew away the replaced HDS USP array and IBM and HP etc etc

So I guess 3PAR can compete , methinks the above competitions employees are worried

This topic is closed for new posts.