back to article Harvard boffins brew up chilli-based anaesthetic

American boffins reckon an anaesthetic based on chilli peppers could allow patients to undergo operations while fully conscious. Sadly, the research doesn't mean that steaming curry or spicy kebab you wolf down after ten pints of lager will dull the inevitable headache the next day. Rather, Harvard Medical School's Professor …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

missing link

The link to the article, mentioned in the last paragraph, is missing.

2. Tawakalna

zombies!

o_O

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@missing link

I think if you try casting your eye down a little to "Related stories" - it's the first link there. Not too difficult.

4. Joe K

Amazing stuff

This could be huge, chilli's target pain sensors yet do no damage, so why not attach a painkiller along for the ride. Brilliant.

I read that theres a burning sensation until the painkiller kicks in that they want to get rid of, but i could live with that.

5. Charlie

Happy to oblige...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/7025782.stm

6. Richard

one wonders....

if in fact the restaurant raided by the police the other day was actually taking part in the scientific research compiled by the americans and our old bill were having none of this american research crap in our country.

7. whogivesa

NO Ring Sting

so if they add the X-whatever stuff to a fairly hot chilly stew you wont need to dread the next mornings toilet visit then.

"Don't Wipe just dab"

8. Demian Phillips
    IT Angle

Something rotten inside

What is wrong with peoples insides that spicy food causes burning and runs the next day?

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Don't know about the rest of the readers...

but I'd probably drink the ten pints of booze after eating the curry...

This topic is closed for new posts.