back to article Paris Hilton crowned 'Worst Actress of the Decade'

Jetsetting celebutard Paris Hilton has deservingly secured a special Razzie for Worst Actress of the Decade - acknowledging her contribution to cinema in works such as The Hottie and the Nottie, House of Wax and Repo - The Genetic Opera. The honour came on Saturday at the Gala 30th Annual Razzie Awards, where Eddie Murphy was …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Chris Miller
    WTF?

At least Eddie Murphy

has made some entertaining films in his career - admittedly not much in the last 25 years. And Paris Hilton is an *actress* ?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Coat

Yeah

She's faking it half the time.

2. S Larti
    Grenade

From Hottie to Razzie Nottie?

When was this irritating airhead ever a hottie?

3. Paul Hates Handles
    Grenade

To be fair...

...she wasn't THAT bad in Repo. Though Repo itself was quite shit overall...

4. abigsmurf

Battlefield Earth...

Worse than Norbit or The Hottie and Nottie? It was a bad film but those were offensively bad.

1. Martin Huizing
      Paris Hilton

B.E. took itself seriously, that's why.

Basically the whole movie is a Scientology advertisement.

granted, THATN (The Hottie and the Nottie) was awful but at least there was some tongue in cheek. (I couldn't finish it myself)

5. Annihilator
    Coat

Disgraceful

The utter cheek of them to give the Worst Actress of the Decade to Paris Hilton. I am appalled. She didn't deserve that, I mean, I ask you, actresss??

By the same token I imagine I'm the worst astronaut of the decade.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Really?

How many times have you been up in an airliner this last ten years? Or failing that, in an airliner that didn't take off? Or on the top deck of a bus?

6. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Harsh

This seems a bit harsh - they don't appear to have revied "one night in Paris" as part of the award.

I'll get my coat, it's the one with the dirty mags in the pocket....

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I've only seen one Paris Hilton film

... I think it was a remake of the Blair Witch Project...

8. Jimmy Floyd
    Coat

I can think of worse

Any film starring Jenna Jameson. I mean, the plot is predictable, the script is repetitive, the camera-work all shaky and the acting is ... er .... wooden. I didn't laugh once.

Mine's not the dirty mac.

9. slack
    Paris Hilton

A title is required

Her contributions to the cinematic oeuvre are often overlooked. Time will show what a great, underrated, performer of the fine art she is.

I will always love her.

LEAVE PARIS ALONE! *tears*

10. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Would somebody mind telling me...

...who is this Paris Hilton everyone keeps talking about?

1. Les Matthew
      Thumb Up

I kid you not

I used to think it was a hotel in Paris, France.

1. criscros
        Paris Hilton

And you were right

That's granddaddy Hilton. We won't be seeing Paris running hotels, though, because her grandfather will be leaving all his money to charity!

2. Player_16
      Thumb Up

Spend a night in Paris...

...and you'll find out.

11. Mike Penton
    Thumb Up

splendiferous!

celebutard is now my favourite word....

12. Jim Morrow
    Paris Hilton

WTF?

Where's the Paris Hilton angle?

13. Neal 5

And yet still

there's not one of you/us who wouldn't given the opportunity, introduce the ferret.

14. Matt Hawkins
    Alert

Hurt Locker

The Hurt Locker gets my vote for worst film of the year. Is it just me or was it the dullest Iraq film since Jarhead? It might have actually been better if Paris had been in it.

The only tension it generated for me was the expectation of when it was going to be over so I could go and do something more interesting. Like the ironing ...

15. HollyX
    Badgers

I'm thoroughly disappointed

that Transformers 2 managed to beat GI Joe across the board.

*sigh*

16. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Nicholas Cage was robbed!

' Eddie Murphy was similarly crowned worst actor of the last ten years.'

I defy anyone to sit through Nick Cage's 'The Knowing' and not try to make an escape for the exit.

I was 35,000ft over Greenland when I saw it and still wanted to leave.

1. dogged

No way, man

That film was genius. I hadn't laughed so hard in a cinema for _years_.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Don't forget...

...the s**t lame - "The Wicker Man".

17. Matthew 17
    Thumb Up

Paris Hilton?

I would.

18. Iain 15
    Paris Hilton

House of Wax

was not too bad a film. Anyway, she died fairly early on (spike through the head if I recall correctly)

1. Jimbo 6
      Paris Hilton

Spike through the head ?

How exactly would that have impeded her ?

1. Chika
        Happy

Probably...

,,,what happens whenever you introduce a sharp object into a gas filled container.

POP!!!

19. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Paris will always be the star of my show!

Enough said.

20. cesarfranoc
    Paris Hilton

Paris Hilton To Me Is Not The Worst Actress.

I don't think Paris deserves the award i think Miley Cyrus does. Paris is an okay actress the only reason she got worst actress is because her last name is Hilton and shes rich. I am so tired of people judging her because of that, to be honest with you Paris did an amazing job in repo!, the hottie,and house of wax, she has a good voice and has a great scenes of humor. I don't understand why she does so outstanding on t.v. and gets trashed talked about her movies. Now miley cyrus have you seen her act?!, I mean the girl is terrible! she has an amazing voice but has no acting chops. Paris on the other hand is not that bad i mean she ain't no Julia Roberts but give her a role as an airhead or a dumb blond and she will sure make a name for herself as an actress. =]

1. JP Strauss
      Paris Hilton

here's your stupid title

probably because those "scenes of humour" were supposed to be serious.

21. Fred Flintstone Gold badge

It's not exactly her main profession, is it?

I would imagine if Paris spent a bit more time on it she could probably do better, but she's not a full time actress and I can't imagine her being interested in it either. I think for her it's more like "OK, that may be fun to do for a change" rather than "I'm going to put down an amazing performance here". Besides, you'd need a usable script for that, and I cannot say any of the movies she played in had more depth than a puddle on a Swiss road.

It's a shame she didn't go to pick it up - I must admit I'm a huge fan of Sandra Bullock precisely because she has a good sense of humour (witness the Meryl Streep kissing) and it didn't come as a complete surprise that she went to collect her Razzie. I think that shows style.

Now, anyone looking for an actor to win the next Razzie? I'm free right now, hurry!

:-)

This topic is closed for new posts.