back to article Asus goes small on aluminium, big on Bamboo

Asus showcased its fourth generation Eee at Cebit today, along with its bamboo-cased business laptops and a series of gaming laptops with two of everything. The Taiwanese motherboard maker turned netbook evangelist brought its usual unique approach to launching technology, with a German model type walking its latest offerings …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Shane McCarrick
    Happy

What no pics?

An article about the latest EEEPC, repleat with comments about a German model, and no pics?

After their Anastacia lookalike model of yesteryear- I'm drooling in anticipation.

Surely you can get us a few pics :)

?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Ahem....

..."The most beautiful girl, with the most beautiful of bamboo solutions," he enthused.

Picture or it didn't happen.

Hey had to be one of the several hunded to say the same.....

3. Sludge

Really?

"a dual fan system in the backside so you feel very cool."

But walk very funny

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

If you ask me...

...Asus ought to go even bigger on fixing their goddamned motherboards so they can run real applications without hard-locking Windows 7. As my tech guy described a P5N-D: "Well - it's useful as a fan controller..."

5. bolccg
    Headmaster

Alloys

Isn't steel an alloy?

6. Marvin the Martian
    Boffin

How about winters?

I'd vote for a four fan system --- two backward for summer (y'know, those 2-3 days without rain in blighty), and two forward for chilly winter days.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Another advantage of bamboo

is that when the battery pack self-immolates, it destroys all the other evidence of what happened

8. Dave Murray
    Unhappy

Pics

So where are our pics of these gorgeous girls, err.. I mean gorgeous computers?

9. Ammaross Danan
    Welcome

OR

Or you could show us the tasty little 9" tablet.

10. LeBeourfCurtaine
    FAIL

Pics or it didn't happen

No pics = FAIL

11. grandnyc
    FAIL

The computer might be cool, but the support is a failure.

Hope you never have any problems with ASUS, as their newly launched 1005 Netbook line will leave you disappointed. As part of my normal business process I purchased a machine from BestBuy. ASUS refuses to support a manufacturing defect, basically insisting that the only option is mailing it back to them, leaving the business traveler strandard without a machine.

For a machine marketed towards "business people" on "business travels" and a VIP support plan that claims to cover "anything" for 60 days, plus 1 year on the machine itself from fault, they will do nothing for you.

Customer service for business customers means prompt, reliable support to get you back to work asap. Customer service from ASUS means they assume you're liar and will expect you to pay for priority, insured mail to and from them via FEDEX/UPS.

The ASUS EEE netbook is a new product, so no third party support or accessories will work. Save your self the headache and buy a machine from a reputable company with a good support history.

The ASUS EEE product line looks sharp, has a nice battery, and claims to offer free VIP support. Pure marketing garbage as they fail to support any of their claims with action.

From this reviewers perspective: Avoid ASUS, go elsewhere for your computing needs.

1. HollyX
      Badgers

So ...

... their support is equal to every large manufacturer?

Also, I don't see how no third party support or accessories will work - we have about 50 EeePC 1005s so far and about 300 of various older models, no problems with support or accessories so far. Same with the 200 Samsung netbooks and some other odd ones like Dell and Advent, too.

Other netbooks come with the same sort of support which is why everything we have comes under a fix-or-replace 3rd party hardware cover policy.

1. styx-tdo
        Happy

er....

nice one.

not commenting about the boxes, but d*** sends out technicians same or next business day. they do arrive. they have spare parts. best: they seem to know what they are doing.

this is austria, though, maybe things are different elsewhere...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like