back to article Hackers go on Tory-bothering spree

Conservative party websites have been attacked by mischievous hackers over the weekend, who defaced some of the sites and sent spam messages from others urging people to "vote Labour". Chris Boyd of Sunbelt Software, who has analysed the attack , said that the attackers gained access to the admin panels of various sites …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Robert Carnegie Silver badge

Probably UKIP...

Or very stupid. I mean you don't think that sending "Vote Labour" from a Tory web site is goitng to change anyone's mind that way.

Or maybe THEY DEFACED THEMSELVES. To make people associate the Labour Party and Intarernet criminals.

1. Elmer Phud

Ukkipee?

Doubt if it was UKIPee -then it would have come from overseas via an ex-pat living in Spain.

It fills me with a great sense of foreboding that this is the mob who want to float all our data off on a cloud. You'd have thought the party for Lawanorder would've got security sorted out at least.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I reckon

Whoever did it doesn't support either party. They know anyone on a Conservative mailing list is never going to vote Labour. They just wanted the Conservatives to look stupid.

Mission accomplished.

I'd like to see more political sites hacked, on all sides. It's the only way I can actually take an interest in them. I certainly don't go there to read the guff they spew under normal operation.

2. Stone Fox
    Thumb Up

I can hear the hackers war cry now...

For the lulz!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

How ironic

That vampire picture they used is of a frenchman who is out of touch.

(Christof Romuald, look it up if you care)

1. Ihre Papiere Bitte!!

I thought....

it was Lord Mandelson....

4. Richard Jones 1

More From the Brown shower?

If this is the best that thug brown's 'friends' can do then I can see why they are friends of gorgon.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Coat

Brown shower?

Is that some kind of eupemism??

Mine's the waterproof one with elasticated cuffs and ankles.

5. Robert Carnegie Silver badge

Oh those Intarernet criminals.

I am sure they are responsible for my apparent bad typing, alsooo.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Labour Hackers

up to their little tricks, I bet the conservatives used a Labour developer to make the site, such irony.

7. Winkypop Silver badge
    Thumb Up

So, are Labour sites more secure?

Or was this just an anti-Tory exercise?

This topic is closed for new posts.