back to article Gmail error hops on POP

Google grappled with erratic Gmail behavior this morning for a "significant subset" of users who receive their mail via POP from external mail providers into Gmail. The company posted notice on its Apps Status Dashboard that users were experiencing "error messages and/or other unexpected behavior" when attempting to fetch …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. daemon
    Grenade

To fail or not to fail, probably both but..

Can we really call gmail; gfail .. out of all the large free 'email providers' I have used over the time gmail's failures are a fairly uncommon when you consider its userbase size. (Not to pick fault of course :) )

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Correction

That `1' should be a `0' then, no?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

This started affecting me

since they added Buzz to my account. I mean when *they* added Buzz, I haven't signed up for it.

It is really aggravating. I have my own domain, and I'd like to just point the MX record at Google, bypassing POP entirely. But even when you pay for an "enhanced" Gmail account, it just gives you a POP account on Postini, which gets polled *every hour* by Gmail, through POP. If it is a service entirely internal to Google, can't they come up with something better than that???

Arg...

1. Jimbo09990

You haven't got it right

@Voodoo Trucker. If thats what you're seeing you don't have it configured properly. I have configured GAPPS for a number of business and if you do it right, it doesn't work like that!

4. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Thank you for that workplace accident counter

first proper laugh of the day

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like