back to article Wide open spaces mark Mobile World Congress 2010

Barcelona 2010 will be remembered as the year the industry banded together against a common enemy: the Americans. The first day of Mobile World Congress is when the big announcements come, and sure enough Nokia and Microsoft didn't disappoint with a new platform apiece, even if we're not going to be able to use either of them …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

GSMA seems to have lost direction

I feel that the GSMA seems to have lost direction recently and don't really seem to know what's going on anymore. This is best illustrated by having Duran Duran play at WMC - a throw off from the 1980's and a very english band, that never really became global. The industry is too dynamic and vibrant to have a middle aged pop group with a limited appeal- that 90% of the world have never heard of - play. What were the GSMA thinking of? Is this the best they can do? Are we looking forwards or backwards here? I met their Director of Technology recently, Warren, he didn't impress me much, he talks, says a few bland things but lacks the insight and intelligence. I really do think the GSMA have lost touch with the industry and the pulse of what's going on in the real world and outside London and the UK.

2. Spade
    WTF?

agree

Agree, by collecting fees from operators & vendors they are effectively recession proof so have no excuse for poor performance. They should be strong advocates for the industry and an inspiring vision for the future founded on solid technological base knowledge. Otherwise they should just get Paris into Barcelona - at least she looks pretty

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like