back to article Farewell, Miss Moneypenny

The original Miss Moneypenny has died at age 80. Lois Maxwell, who starred as M's secretary in 14 James Bond films, died in Western Australia on Saturday evening, The BBC reports. Sir Roger Moore, who played Bond in seven of those films, told the Beeb that the Canadian-born actress had joined her son in Australia after being …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Tawakalna

but who remembers that...

..she was also Atlanta's voice in Stingray - Commander Shore's daughter and Troy Tempest's sometime g/f, when we all knew that he was really after keeping Marina's fins moist at night ;)

I also remember her in U.F.O., Randall & Hopkirk: Deceased (the original one not the Vic & Bob remake) and that very strange series Department S (never did figure out quite what that was supposed to be about.)

lovely woman by the way, very striking and beautiful. A sad loss.

2. Andrew S. Vaz

Sir only to Roger Moore?

Isn't Sean Connery a Sir also? AFAIK both have the Sir title.

And Lois Maxwell was incredible. Extremely beautiful and talented. I hope she went in peace and without pain.

3. Cade Metz (Written by Reg staff)

Sir Sean

Sir Sean it is,

Cade

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Lois, you don't smell of sin"

The Daily Telegraph's obituary points out that her birth name was Lois Ruth Hooker, and that, "at the time of her death, she was working on her autobiography, to be called 'Born A Hooker'".

"Always an adventurous woman, she held a pilot's licence, regularly went on safari and in the 1980s sailed the South China Sea from Hong Kong to Singapore, armed with M16 machine guns and incendiary rockets to ward off pirates" - they don't make girls like that any more.

5. Dillon Pyron

Yes, Sir Sean

"Maxwell originated the Moneypenny role alongside Sir Sean Connery in 1962's Dr. No and continued in the part through 1985's A View To a Kill, the last with Sir Roger."

Right there in whatever colors your browser chooses to display text in.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Just to be pedantic

"Maxwell originated the Moneypenny role alongside Sir Sean Connery in 1962's Dr. No and continued in the part through 1985's A View To a Kill, the last with Sir Roger."

No she didn't.

Connery was knighted in 2000, Moore in 2003. Thus, she never acted in a Bond film with Sir Sean or Sir Roger, just with plain old Sean and plain old Roger.

I'll get my coat...

7. Luke Wells

Yey! .... I can be the first to say it ....

Where is the IT angle? :)

Where is the Paris Hilton angle? :)

8. Oliverh

RE: Yes, Sir Sean!!!!!!!!!!!

Dylon, I might draw your attention to Cade's own post where he confirms that he has now added the ommitted title.

It wasn't, then he fixed it, and now, by the time your wit has arrived at the party, it is!

Read that in puce if you like! (Seriously, who, other than dyslexics, displays text in non-standard colours?)

9. Ian Rogers

@Luke

Where's the IT angle? Oh do pay attention 007!

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Farewell, then,

the original Lara Croft

This topic is closed for new posts.