back to article Amazon spreads Kindleware to BlackBerries

Amazon has released Kindleware for BlackBerry handhelds - though it's only available to US users. At least for the moment. The etailer of etailers is already offering iPhone and Windows apps that replicate the software built-in to its Kindle ereader handheld, but now you can tap your Kindle account from certain BlackBerry …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. MarkP
    WTF?

Kindle?

Does this article say in Para 6 what I think it says? That if you go overseas the book you are reading on your Kindle could become unavailable because of regional rights restrictions?

1. Alan_Peery

Does content disappear on international trips?

"Does this article say in Para 6 what I think it says? That if you go overseas the book you are reading on your Kindle could become unavailable because of regional rights restrictions?"

Probably not, at least going by what I see with a Kindle bookshelf shared across a Kindle, iPod Touch, and PC installations. You'll just be unable to *buy* content from the other countries. The books seem to be limited based on where your payment is taken from -- e.g. your credit card billing address.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Pirate

Alternatively

...you could just download a scanned version of the book in question (for free) and look at it in any text editor or browser at a total cost of ... nothing!

3. Ihre Papiere Bitte!!
    Coat

No way

I'm a Blackberry user, and I love it. It does everything I need it to do, and loads more. However, the very idea of reading a book on it gives me a headache just thinking about it.

The screen size on a Blackberry is nowhere near big enough for reading for extended periods. E-mail, webpages, skimming docs, fine - but not a 30-min plus read through a book (which, if you want to use an e-book reader on a device, you're obviously going to be using it for extended periods).

But maybe other users will disagree. I know people who think an iPhone is the perfect device for watching movies on - which is waaaay too small for my taste.

I'm not even going to start with the idea of having Amazon dictating the content of my BB!!

<-The one with a dead-tree copy of one of the bazillions of books not available in e-format, thanks...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like