back to article Scorsese and De Niro planning Taxi Driver II?

The word on the street at the Berlin Film festival is that Robert De Niro and Martin Scorsese may be planning to "revisit" 1976 classic Taxi Driver - either as a sequel or a remake. Taxi Driver writer Paul Schrader dismissed the idea of a sequel in a Guardian interview back in 2006, but subsequently told the New York Post: "I …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. John 62
    Coat

I preferred...

The Luc Besson 'Taxi' franchise. There I said it.

White 406 for the win! Though the crazy, supposedly V12, 405 of Taxi 2 would do well, too. Anyway, Bob de Niro looked like he was permanently caught in the headlights when he was doing the driving in Ronin.

My coat's the one with the gun that slides down the sleeve.

2. Valerion
    Stop

Classic movie

Leave it be.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Or

Have Steve Martin play Bickle?

3. Chris 67
    Stop

NO!

NO NO NO.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Script reveal

Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?

Hang on. Let me turn up my hearing aid.

1. David Robinson 1
      Thumb Up

Re: Script reveal

Ms Bee, I nominate the above post deserving of at least five buns.

1. Sarah Bee (Written by Reg staff)

Re: Re: Script reveal

Oh I see, an old-person joke. Hmm. Half a stale bun if anything.

5. Glyn 2
    Grenade

Titles are for other people

The original was bad enough, more bad acting, more random plot points, more stalking women is a good thing notions

6. Ihre Papiere Bitte!!
    Stop

Enough already!!!!

It's bad enough that when I went to the movies at the weekend* there were posters everywhere for the remake of Clash of the Titans!

*to see "My Name is Khan", since you ask. I recommend it VERY highly. Aside from a few cheesy moments, it was impeccable - excellent acting (esp Shah Rukh Khan playing the lead), photography and script. A powerful commentary on the life of Muslims (and other Asians) in the USA pre and post 9/11 and an insight into the lives of autistic individuals (the lead character has Aspergers). Long, though (there was an intermission!) - and subtitled as it was mostly in Hindi.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I don't think so.

Even if he was still alive Ricardo Montalban would look too old now.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Nooooo!!!!

1) First off, is even Martin Scorcese running out of ideas? I guess Hollywood really is doomed

2) Not a believable plot anymore, everyone knows that there are no white cabbies left in New York

OK, I'm getting my coat....

8. disgruntled yank

Or maybe Taxi Dermist?

Having just the other weekend watched The Who perform the half-time show at the Super Bowl, I can hardly wait. Beware, Gen-Xers and Millenials: we boomers will go to the grave thinking we are young and hip, and our female co-stars will get proportionally younger.

Can somebody call the Department of Homeland Security in to stop this? We all remember what happened after the first "Taxi Driver"--John Hinkley shot Ronald Reagan in order to impress Jodie Foster. It seems to me that an agency that can bust a student for reading Arabic flash cards can certainly shut down a production that threatens to wind up some nut job to shoot at a president.

9. OzBob
    FAIL

"Sequel-itis" breaking out all over....

This movie should be right up there with "Highlander 2", "Transporter 2", "Police Academy >= 2".

One would hope Bob De Niro has more dignity than this.

10. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Happy

I wanted to re-imagine it

I pctured the mean streets of say Birmingham with "Travider Bickle Singh, " Asian Taxi-Driver.

Short tempered, uncommunicative, hostile. Modelled on a BOFH I used to know.

Not so much a movie, more a strip in Viz.

Just a thought.

This topic is closed for new posts.